Hypothetical: WR-Needy Ravens And The Eagles Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical: WR-Needy Ravens And The Eagles Connection

Would the Eagles consider moving Reggie Brown to the Ravens and Coach Harbaugh? If you were GM, would you?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-after-signing

BALTIMORE (AP) - "Ravens wide receiver Drew Bennett announced his retirement Sunday night, just two days after signing with Baltimore in an effort to rekindle his NFL career. Bennett agreed to a one-year deal after a tryout Friday. But he aggravated an old knee injury during the workout, and after returning home to Nashville, Tenn., the 30-year-old receiver decided to quit...."
    "...Bennett's decision comes after Derrick Mason surprised the Ravens by announcing his retirement on July 13. Although Mason has left open the possibility of returning, Baltimore is currently very slim at the wide receiver position...."

In a heartbeat. I'd wait however until after Maclin signs or has that already happened and i missed it?

Comment

Presently, Maclin has not signed. What would you consider asking for compensation? A DE for depth, as a hedge against Abiamiri being in and out of the active lineup?

Comment

I'd take a 5th round and above, any depth player on defense, a special teams whiz. Reggie isn't going to get much playing time. I think it is a win win win (philly, baltimore and Reggie). RB is a good guy, he has just been squeezed out by better talent.

Comment

My other choice to move would be Baskett. I think we have a guy in Ingram that could pick up what Baskett provides for us in the red zone. And it would keep Kendra away from the Iggles.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'd send Baskett before Brown as well. Let's get Hank out of town before the Kendra circus arrives.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Either one. While they both could see a handful of plays this year neither is a make or break guy. I'd try for a 5th for either with some conditional thrown in about playing time or number of catches pushing it to a 4th.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Let's get through the preseason healthy before we start trading guys for draft picks. We've got a million of em again next year.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  Let's get through the preseason healthy before we start trading guys for draft picks.
                  Thank you!

Comment

The Birds are going to have a few receivers that they could potentially deal. Brandon Gibson is a VERY good player as well. So right now I would say. Curtis, Jackson, Avant, Baskett, Maclin are locks and then Gibson and Brown are potentially the 6th guy if they even carry six. Gibson is a freak folks.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think Baskett is from a lock AW.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Let's get through the preseason healthy before we start trading guys for draft picks. We've got a million of em again next year.

This is my sentiment as well. Just throwing out a hypothetical scenario as fodder for continued offseason/preseason banter.

Comment

I know I'm in the minority here but I wouldn't wait until later in camp for the simple reason that it becomes harder to trade a guy when it looks like you'll have to cut him. If that's the case I think the best we get is a 5th for Reggie and I wouldn't want that. If we trade him now while the Ravens are looking for ways to replace him we have the best leverage. I really think a 3rd for Reggie isn't out of the question given their dire situation right now. Harbaugh knows what he can do and a change of scenery might just be the thing he needs to remind him of what he could/should be. I'd be asking for a conditional 3rd right about now.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Jukin, with all due respect Reggie Brown isn't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a donkey getting it all. And remember, I said with all due respect. If they got a 5th or even a 6th, I'd do a backflip. Remember, they didn't get a 3rd for Lito and he'd been to a Pro Bowl.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

But Lito was a known malcontent who was bitching his way out of town....Brown is the complete opposite, a good soldier who wants to stay and get back to the early success he had here

I agree with the camp of waiting until the end of the preseason, seeing how our WR situation is and then making a move if necessary....I still take Brown over Baskett to stay
                              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X