Replacement Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Candidates

I think Singletary would bring an aggresive defense. I know nothing about Moss, but he must have alot of upside if he is also assistant head coach for the Packers.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...dinator#page/1
    Fly EaglesFly!

From that article, I'd probably go with DW. Of course, it'd be entertaining as hell to have Big Perm around again.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Per RotoWorld...

Adam Schefter reported on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown that former Seahawks and Falcons coach Jim Mora is a prime candidate for the Eagles' defensive coordinator job.

It now looks like the Sean McDermott firing was unrelated to the Browns' interest in Dick Jauron. Per Schefter, the Eagles' brass simply felt that McDermott was not up to the task of replacing legendary defensive boss Jim Johnson. Mora ran the 49ers' defense from 1999-2003 before head coaching gigs at Atlanta and Seattle.

Comment

Just posted about this in another thread.

I don't think I could stomach this if it happened.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Just My Opinion,but Mora is a douche bag
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            Just My Opinion,but Mora is a douche bag
            I think that's almost everyone's opinion. Hard to believe Mora is the guy Reid would want to be working next to.

Comment

Isn't More the douche who said it would not take Atlanta 4 tries in the NFC Championship game to advance? And to think they have yet to make appearance #2

Comment

Well he didn't give a woman herpes, kill dogs for fun, run a gambling ring or flip the fans off. I think he can be forgiven.
                FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                  Isn't More the douche who said it would not take Atlanta 4 tries in the NFC Championship game to advance? And to think they have yet to make appearance #2
                  No, that was Fox (Carolina), but Mora is a douche for sure. Argghh.
                  Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                  Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Agreed, Mora is a mega-douche.

Having said that, how does the Mora-Vick angle play in this? Does it help the brass lean toward him, or go against him?

Comment

Per Jeff McLane on Twitter via RotoWorld, add Cardnials DC Billy Davis to the list...

In addition to Jim Mora, secondary coach Dick Jauron and former Cardinals DC Billy Davis are candidates to replace Sean McDermott as the Eagles' defensive boss.

Davis' defense in Arizona finished near the bottom of the league in all categories in 2010. He appears to be out-classed by former head coaches Mora and Jauron. Mora comes from the same coaching tree as Andy Reid and the two share many friends around the league. Jauron has an inside edge as a holdover on Reid's 2010 staff. The final decision could be delayed as Reid was reportedly scheduled for vacation this weekend.

Comment

It didn't take us four times is DEFINITELY JMJ. He sucks. I had to stop rooting for the seahawks cause he was the head coach there.

If he becomes DC here, I will be pissed. If by some awful cosmic joke, he becomes HC, I'm off the reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                          It didn't take us four times is DEFINITELY JMJ. He sucks. I had to stop rooting for the seahawks cause he was the head coach there.

If he becomes DC here, I will be pissed. If by some awful cosmic joke, he becomes HC, I'm off the reservation.
                          It could be worse, it could be Billy Davis. Talk about a guy who has done nothing.
                          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

From Jay Glazer via RotoWorld...

Former Falcons and Seahawks coach Jim Mora will interview for the Broncos' defensive coordinator position, according to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer.

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reported the Broncos' interest over the weekend. Mora is also candidate in Philadelphia, along with secondary coach Dick Jauron and former Cardinals DC Billy Davis. Denver coach John Fox is also believed to be interested in Packers DL Mike Trgovac as a possibility at defensive coordinator.

Comment

Cross Rob Ryan off the list. He's now the DC in Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                              X