No announcement yet.

The bye....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea Trout seems to be a high end Philly sports fan. He is at the games and even gets TD balls from whoever scores. Wentz and he seem like the type that would be tight -- both are certainly high end at their sport.
    60- you're absolutely right in one sense. The Gov (started a small company that was bought up by Microsoft for a bazillion dollars) has had Carson hunt with him a number of times. He has plenty, I mean plenty, of prime land to hunt on. But I'd bet big money that neither would want the heat and bad press that would come with illegal hunting. They just aren't that kind of people.
    And there is lots of other places in the country to hunt this time of year.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      Yea Trout seems to be a high end Philly sports fan. He is at the games and even gets TD balls from whoever scores. Wentz and he seem like the type that would be tight -- both are certainly high end at their sport.
      60- you're absolutely right in one sense. The Gov (started a small company that was bought up by Microsoft for a bazillion dollars) has had Carson hunt with him a number of times. He has plenty, I mean plenty, of prime land to hunt on. But I'd bet big money that neither would want the heat and bad press that would come with illegal hunting. They just aren't that kind of people.
      And there is lots of other places in the country to hunt this time of year.
      One phone call fixes everything ND.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

You're definitely right and we have leaders in this country who are that type of person. I just don't think Carson Wentz is that kind of guy. Some people take their honor, their reputation to heart. I think Wentz is like that
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

During the bye week I'll probably go to a college football game (most likely either California (PA)/East Stroudsburg or Holy Cross/Lehigh) while I'm visiting the family. Of course, I don't need a bye week to attend college football games, or to attend them when I'm also going to an Eagles game the next day. (I went to the Lafayette/Georgetown game on Saturday before going to the Broncos/Eagles game on Sunday.)

Comment

Chip, I envy you making the effort/time to get to so many games. I drove to Oxford a couple weeks back to take in the Ole Miss/LSU game and have to say the college environment is great. Even for this 62 year old
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

You're definitely right and we have leaders in this country who are that type of person. I just don't think Carson Wentz is that kind of guy. Some people take their honor, their reputation to heart. I think Wentz is like that
              Sorry ND, I didn't realize that you folks took hunting so seriously up there (not being a hunter myself). Are the licenses limited and that's why it's a bad thing?

Comment

Chip, I envy you making the effort/time to get to so many games. I drove to Oxford a couple weeks back to take in the Ole Miss/LSU game and have to say the college environment is great. Even for this 62 year old
                Thanks for the kind words. My brother and I will be attending the Ole Miss/Mississippi State Egg Bowl game again this season; we were at the game in Oxford last year. (He's currently a graduate student at Mississippi State.) Unfortunately, based on the start times for games on Saturday 11/18 that were announced yesterday, we won't be going to the Alabama game that day, or even SMU/Memphis. (Alabama's game against DI-AA Mercer is starting at 11 AM CT; my flight to near Starkville arrives at about 12:15 PM CT. Alabama hadn't played an 11 AM CT start time game in I think 3 years, and Tuscaloosa is within 1 1/2 hours of Starkville, so I thought there was a good chance of attending that game. No such luck.)

I'm also looking forward to the DI-AA/FCS and D2 playoffs. My graduate school alma mater, IUP, will be in the D2 playoffs, and both Lehigh and Lafayette are still in the running for the Patriot League automatic bid to the DI-AA playoffs. (Both teams can get in by winning their last two games of the regular season; they play each other, as always, in the regular season finale.) The D2 playoffs start on 11/18, while the DI-AA playoffs begin on 11/25. I don't think I'll be able to see IUP in person in the playoffs (they will probably be the #1 seed in their region if they beat West Chester this coming Saturday; if they are seeded behind Shepherd and play them I could go there - Shepherd is in the eastern WV panhandle and probably a bit more than an hour from where I live), and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that either Lehigh or Lafayette plays at Delaware in the DI-AA playoffs first round. (I'll probably go to Newark if one of them plays the Blue Hens.)

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  Sorry ND, I didn't realize that you folks took hunting so seriously up there (not being a hunter myself). Are the licenses limited and that's why it's a bad thing?
                  OT
                  Hell 60 no reason for sorry. Deer tags (along with other game like Moose, Elk) are given by lottery; of course I didn't get one this year. I'm not near as serious as a lot of people. As with anything there are lots of people pro and lots are anti hunting. Serious hunters are quite law abiding so they frown greatly on those who poach illegally. Anti hunters of course are also greatly against poaching.
                  As a side note I had 3 guys goose hunting on my land across they highway this year. I knew they were out there and thought they were probably locals so I didn't go check on them. About four hours later there were four pickups out there so I went out to see what was going on. Game wardens were there checking these guys. Turns out game warden was sitting in some trees watching nd listening to the shooting and decided to check these guys out. They confiscated 42 geese, three shotguns, decoys and gave out citations.
                  Carson just seems like a law abiding kid to me.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                    Thanks for the kind words. My brother and I will be attending the Ole Miss/Mississippi State Egg Bowl game again this season; we were at the game in Oxford last year. (He's currently a graduate student at Mississippi State.) Unfortunately, based on the start times for games on Saturday 11/18 that were announced yesterday, we won't be going to the Alabama game that day, or even SMU/Memphis. (Alabama's game against DI-AA Mercer is starting at 11 AM CT; my flight to near Starkville arrives at about 12:15 PM CT. Alabama hadn't played an 11 AM CT start time game in I think 3 years, and Tuscaloosa is within 1 1/2 hours of Starkville, so I thought there was a good chance of attending that game. No such luck.)

I'm also looking forward to the DI-AA/FCS and D2 playoffs. My graduate school alma mater, IUP, will be in the D2 playoffs, and both Lehigh and Lafayette are still in the running for the Patriot League automatic bid to the DI-AA playoffs. (Both teams can get in by winning their last two games of the regular season; they play each other, as always, in the regular season finale.) The D2 playoffs start on 11/18, while the DI-AA playoffs begin on 11/25. I don't think I'll be able to see IUP in person in the playoffs (they will probably be the #1 seed in their region if they beat West Chester this coming Saturday; if they are seeded behind Shepherd and play them I could go there - Shepherd is in the eastern WV panhandle and probably a bit more than an hour from where I live), and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that either Lehigh or Lafayette plays at Delaware in the DI-AA playoffs first round. (I'll probably go to Newark if one of them plays the Blue Hens.)
                    well I hope you enjoy the season. Don't forget NDSU can use your support if one of your east coast teams go down
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

OT
                      Hell 60 no reason for sorry. Deer tags (along with other game like Moose, Elk) are given by lottery; of course I didn't get one this year. I'm not near as serious as a lot of people. As with anything there are lots of people pro and lots are anti hunting. Serious hunters are quite law abiding so they frown greatly on those who poach illegally. Anti hunters of course are also greatly against poaching.
                      As a side note I had 3 guys goose hunting on my land across they highway this year. I knew they were out there and thought they were probably locals so I didn't go check on them. About four hours later there were four pickups out there so I went out to see what was going on. Game wardens were there checking these guys. Turns out game warden was sitting in some trees watching nd listening to the shooting and decided to check these guys out. They confiscated 42 geese, three shotguns, decoys and gave out citations.
                      Carson just seems like a law abiding kid to me.
                      How the heck can guys that serious about hunting do something that stupid? What a world. Of course my wife and I are animal lovers with our dog and birdfeeders and such. We have all kinds of wildlife on our bluff and yard that we enjoy do to our location in our city of 50,000. I sure don't have a problem with anybody hunting though. I think many hunters just love the peacefulness of the outdoors. I love the woods, especially in the snow when there is absolutely no sound. Very cool.

Comment

I loved to hunt years back. I just lost interest along the way. I hated slob hunters. And then the assholes will brag about what they did. If geese limits there are like in PA, it’s 2 per hunter. I know it’s federal limits and it all changes each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                          I loved to hunt years back. I just lost interest along the way. I hated slob hunters. And then the assholes will brag about what they did. If geese limits there are like in PA, it’s 2 per hunter. I know it’s federal limits and it all changes each year.
                          Hell, the only thing that I would shoot at is something that would bother our dog. You guys probably remember that we've always had 12lb dachshunds and I was paranoid so I had a .22 rifle loaded just in case something ever bothered her in the yard. I finally fenced in the yard and the .22 is now gone. I prefer to think that my steaks grow on trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            Hell, the only thing that I would shoot at is something that would bother our dog. You guys probably remember that we've always had 12lb dachshunds and I was paranoid so I had a .22 rifle loaded just in case something ever bothered her in the yard. I finally fenced in the yard and the .22 is now gone. I prefer to think that my steaks grow on trees.

I loved archery hunting. Getting a deer to 15 yards or closer. Using scent and grunting a buck in. I just got to where I didn’t want to shoot any deer anymore. I can’t explain why it happened. It’s been over 20 years since I bought a license. And yes, I ate what I shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                              I loved archery hunting. Getting a deer to 15 yards or closer. Using scent and grunting a buck in. I just got to where I didn’t want to shoot any deer anymore. I can’t explain why it happened. It’s been over 20 years since I bought a license. And yes, I ate what I shot.
                              OK, I'm going to get a little weird here and I don't want to piss anybody off but here it comes anyway. I wonder why God set things up so that the whole animal planet devours each other? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Comment

Not sure 60. if you think of man as an animal in the chain then maybe it makes more sense.
                                Actually I may piss some off but I think if people would realize man is an animal they might better understand man's need for sex just for sex purpose and woman's need for sex to procreate. Love and sex are two separate things to men.
                                Good thing it is bye week.
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X