X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=bird is da word]
    Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
    Originally posted by "bird is da word":e0116
    a playbook makeover is a huge upheaval. after 8 seasons under one system a new playbook is major. in fact i don't see a change in a playbook unless it is under a new coach...or reid is given an ultimatum to resign his duties as OC permanently and hire a genius OC.
    True, a scrapping of the present playbook is indeed a huge upheaval. Therefore, IMO it just requires amendment to include better balance. Acquire the personnel to make it effective. The heavy reliance on the pass exposes McNabb to a greater chance of injury. And IMO McNabb is expected to do too much. That may just be a matter of strategy. I do not advocate Reid's departure, and hopefully that will not occur. Maybe he should delegate/relinquish the OC duties as you have stated. Who should assume these duties?
    I don't think anyone in these forums has easy answers to the eagles problems. however, i am not sure they understand their own problems. it is kind of like being stuck in the middle of the forest without a compass...difficult to gage where you are how to get out.

the bottomline is the eagles have established themselves as the gold standard. they need to start living up to their own hype. they want a winning franchise...the fans want a winning franchise. the question is...how do you make that happen? we need action not platitudes about leaders, stepping up, injuries, etc. show us a contender![/quote:e0116]

I concur wholly. I have read an article (Philly.com?) that states as much, as far as the team not understanding their plight fully, or being "deluded into thinking that they are still of the same caliber as the 2004 squad. I think that the editorialist specifically spoke of the defense, though.

Comment

Working...
    X