Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did you guys think of Runyans...welcome to philly.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runyan has stated as much before, MD. He's not doing it without reason, he sees it as having a purpose. he's just not usually THAT late with it.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
      Runyan has stated as much before, MD. He's not doing it without reason, he sees it as having a purpose. he's just not usually THAT late with it.
      I haven't seen runyan lay the wood like that around a pile in a long time...maybe 2 years ago?????

Comment

i think the way runyan skated with only 1 foul despite two knockdowns is that they were essentially the same personal foul.

i can't ever remember seeing a guy penalized twice for the same foul on the same play. maybe a guy has been called for holding and later hit with a PF for something else. but you never see the refs make two calls against a guy for the same foul.

eagles got lucky there.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

not a smart move but a great avatar for someone!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/ ... adison.gif

Comment

After seeing that clip I've changed my mind a bit, I thought Madison flopped a bit there, but after seeing it again I think Jon gave him a pretty good shot.

Comment

Originally posted by kcas31
              I screamed as soon as saw Runyan hit the guy. Now the second one Madison flopped like he was a World Cup soccer player. Cofield is the jackass for hitting Runyan after Madison's flop. but even after all of that did you see how many times both Giants and Eagles' players would pick the opposing guy up and pat him on the helmet on back after each play. For all the crap that comes from most of theirs mouths for one game they actually very civil (other than Wilson who woofed all game long)
              Yeah, that actually jumped out at me too. Even Shockey was acting rather chummy with many Eagles defensive players. Struck me as kind of odd considering how fiercely these two teams seemed to hate each other leading up to that game. I guess maybe that was just a figment of my immagination because everyone (except Runyan) seemed to be acting very cordial.

Comment

the whole sportsmanship thing between the teams is respect for one another. they appreciate each other playing hard.

them playing tough is their way of saying...you guys are good and deserve my best effort. I think they see that in each other.

Comment

I keep trying to watch that clip on Jon's hit on Madison but for some odd reason I keep laughing and can't make an objective determination of intent. Anyone else feel that way?
                  I miss Philly!

Comment

Jon has ALWAYS said that if he sees guys standing around a pile, he will blast someone. But it's best to do it before the whistle is blown.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Here's Reid's response:

"I sure like the physical play, Jon's very good at that and that one got away form him a little bit. Jon's going to play to the whistle and he didn't hear any whistle blow. But that's what's made him such a great player in this league. He's a tough, tough nut and if you're standing around he's going to answer the door."

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                        Here's Reid's response:

"I sure like the physical play, Jon's very good at that and that one got away form him a little bit. Jon's going to play to the whistle and he didn't hear any whistle blow. But that's what's made him such a great player in this league. He's a tough, tough nut and if you're standing around he's going to answer the door."
                        You are definitely on the right track. The way Runyan has come on this last half he seems positively re-energized. He could well go a couple more years. To me he is exhibit number one in reply to the constantly repeated doubt/question "Will Reid keep up this strong role for the running game in 07 when McNabb comes back?" Runyan is the prototype that Andy has used to patiently put together an exlineman's dream OLine. He has developed a core that are Runyan images ie big, strong aggressive and mean. Big Jon has set the example for Andrews, Jackson and Herremans. Heck even Thomas has gotten a little feistier this year. Now Andy has what he has wanted all along IMHO, a dominating, physical OLine that can protect his QB and plow the road for his RB. So IJMO but Runyan stays, the Running game stays and the nastiness and physical play such as we saw yesterday stays. I love this style of football

Comment

What did I think?

I almost shat my pants because I thought for sure he was getting ejected.
                          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                          X