I dont know whats wrong with the sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know whats wrong with the sixers

But if I had to guess it would be that we have too much offense and no one is playing defense. If you think about it all summer long the players / management was told how bad their shooting was and how they needed more scoring. Now any lineup that Cheeks puts out there is trying to score and thats why they look lost at times and have consistent turnovers.

In watching some of the games, every player is trying to get his and thats where the problem is. Last year was the AI offense, everyone played defense and fed Iggy, for better or worse. Now, no one is playing defense and everyone is thinking shoot first. As we learned, at most, you can only have three skilled offense weapons on the floor at one time - its the rule of three - we all know it. The sixers lineup doesnt work, for one reason, they only have one skilled offense weapon (Brand) but four mediocre offensive players surrounding him that are shooting up at every chance they get.

I watched the knicks and Kings game - when everyone is firing on all cyclinders, they looked great, I was really impressed, but the difference there was the defense on part of NYK and SAC was so pourous that the passes and wide open shots looked good, went in, everyone was getting theres and having fun.

I hope the above makes sense, I think they can turn it around IF they trade willie green for defense, start playing defense consistently, run(where has that been), and let the scorers score.

Re: I dont know whats wrong with the sixers

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres
    But if I had to guess it would be that we have too much offense and no one is playing defense. If you think about it all summer long the players / management was told how bad their shooting was and how they needed more scoring. Now any lineup that Cheeks puts out there is trying to score and thats why they look lost at times and have consistent turnovers.

In watching some of the games, every player is trying to get his and thats where the problem is. Last year was the AI offense, everyone played defense and fed Iggy, for better or worse. Now, no one is playing defense and everyone is thinking shoot first. As we learned, at most, you can only have three skilled offense weapons on the floor at one time - its the rule of three - we all know it. The sixers lineup doesnt work, for one reason, they only have one skilled offense weapon (Brand) but four mediocre offensive players surrounding him that are shooting up at every chance they get.

I watched the knicks and Kings game - when everyone is firing on all cyclinders, they looked great, I was really impressed, but the difference there was the defense on part of NYK and SAC was so pourous that the passes and wide open shots looked good, went in, everyone was getting theres and having fun.

I hope the above makes sense, I think they can turn it around IF they trade willie green for defense, start playing defense consistently, run(where has that been), and let the scorers score.
    Defense has been their biggest problem. Hopefully this can improve once Dalembert and Brand gain more chemistry together.

Their problems offensively stem from the fact that they don't have a guy in the starting lineup who can hit a perimeter shot.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Re: I dont know whats wrong with the sixers

Not to pick on the rook but it seems our defense is in shambles every time Speights gets into the game.

As a team they were really sloppy against the Jazz. Iggy dribbled the ball off his foot at least 5 times. I like what I see out of brand. They can still run because a fast break isn't necessarily 5 on 4. They need to score off turnovers and 3 on 2 fast breaks.

Cheeks has been tinkering with in game lineups and it's a mess, esp with speights. But there's enough talent on this team to get it sorted out.

I used to hate Willie Green (never saw a shot he didn't like) but he's played better this year.

The Sixers have a better chance of making the playoffs as a middle seed than the Eagles.

Comment

Working...
      X