Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Philadelphia Eagles | Super Bowl Champs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Philadelphia Eagles | Super Bowl Champs?

Since 2000 - the Wildcard has one the Super Bowl 37.5% of the time...

------------------------------------------------------------------

2000 Baltimore Ravens(12-4-0, 2nd Place, AFC Central Division)
    Wild-Card Playoff – vs. Denver Broncos – (W) – 21-3
    Divisional Playoff – at Tennessee Titans – (W) – 24-10
    AFC Championship – at Oakland Raiders – (W) – 16-3
    Super Bowl XXXV – vs. New York Giants – (W) – 34-7

2005 Pittsburgh Steelers(11-5-0, 2nd Place, AFC North Division)
    Wild-Card Playoff – at Cincinnati Bengals – (W) 31-17
    Divisional Playoff – at Indianapolis Colts – (W) 21-18
    AFC Championship – at Denver Broncos – (W) 34-17
    Super Bowl XL – vs. Seattle Seahawks – (W) 21-10

2007 New York Giants (10-6-0, 2nd Place, NFC East Division)
    Wild-Card Playoff – at Tampa Bay Buccaneers – (W) 24-14
    Divisional Playoff – at Dallas Cowboys – (W) 21-17
    NFC Championship – at Green Bay Packers – (W) 23-20 (OT)
    Super Bowl XLII – vs. New England Patriots – (W) 17-14
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

any of them 6th seeds?

Comment

2000 - #4 seed Baltimore Ravens (Hosted wildcard game)
      2005 - #6 seed Pitt Steelers (All road games)
      2007 - #5 seed NY Giants (All road games)
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I totally buy into the "just get in and you have a chance" philosophy. But what is required to make it a reality is consistency from game to game. That is where I worry about this club. We have to complete a five game streak of consistent quality effort.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          I totally buy into the "just get in and you have a chance" philosophy. But what is required to make it a reality is consistency from game to game. That is where I worry about this club. We have to complete a five game streak of consistent quality effort.
          Which we havent done in forever.

But this is like snowball rolling downhill in hell. It's still got a chance to gain momentum and pick up more snow!

Comment

I agree Fresh, that is the open question...we did a 4 out of 5 run to end the season, but we have no margin for error now for any egg-laying like the Washington game.

Talking about winning the SB is so far ahead of ourselves, but it is fun speculation.
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Geez, I hope you didn't jinx us!!!

Please STOP TALKING ABOUT ANY SUPER BOWL!!!
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Stock,I think jinx has been here far before we came along.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Didn't Indy play in the wildcard the year they won?
                  Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Yes, they finished 2nd in their division and were the #5 seed I believe....they hosted the WC game and then had to go on the road to Baltimore.
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post

We have to win 4 games not 5. The teams under Reid usually play their best at the end of the year. If we can stay healthy I really believe we have a good shot. I don't think there's any scary teams out there (like the Patriots of last year )

Comment

Yea we have to go on a 5 game win streak (counting week 17)
                        Of the teams in the playoffs we beat the giants once and lost by 3 points once, we beat arizona, we beat atlanta and in the afc we beat the steelers. It's not grabbing at straws to say we have a shot. This team can win 5 straight and there's already 1 down, so 4 to go now. I don't think it matters who we play, the team (offense) will either be on or they'll be off and we'll beat anyone when on and lose to anyone when off.

Comment

I think it would almost be a fitting irony for us to win the SB in a year where we the fans have been kept relatively humble by the uncertainty of our team's performance each week.

Comment

Yeah, we could never make it as frontrunners. Just wouldn't be fitting.

Comment

At Minny
                              At NYG
                              At Carolina (probably)

None of those opponents puts fear into me. Of course, the Eagle offense is going to have to be consistant to pull it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X