No announcement yet.

The Fresh is gonna kick this thing right in the ass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Fresh. Why didn't we know about this durng the Pinkston years? There's a son of a bitch who could have used another 20 pounds!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Just gettin thru another day. Nausea and fatigue have been the biggest obstacles so far. The injection yesterday give me pain in my bones as it stimulates my marrow into producing more new WBCs. Feel like general crap, but I'm hangin.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Stay tough Fresh. Just keep your eye on the prize and don't let the day to day bullshit get in the way.

Comment

You hanging in there, Fresh?

Comment

Yeah, bouts between constipation and nausea are a friggin treat. And the pains all over my body are just icing on the top. But I manage to get up and walk around with my wife for a bit here and there, and even went for a little wade in the pool just a bit ago. Everything tastes like cardboard or worse, and my gag reflex is constantly in use. Chemo friggin sux, brothers. I am hating life right now.

But getting by.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              Yeah, bouts between constipation and nausea are a friggin treat. And the pains all over my body are just icing on the top. But I manage to get up and walk around with my wife for a bit here and there, and even went for a little wade in the pool just a bit ago. Everything tastes like cardboard or worse, and my gag reflex is constantly in use. Chemo friggin sux, brothers. I am hating life right now.

But getting by.
              http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sgh5vzwRxmU

Last edited by sfphillyfan; 06-24-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

But getting by.
                Did you try the plastic utensils trick?
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

But getting by.
                  Fresh,
                  Your side effects are so reminiscent of what my mother went through twice. It was flat out awful for her and very emotionally painful for my father and her 3 sons to witness. She was in her mid sixties when she started her 1st treatment with a pretty negative prognosis. As a direct consequence of the treatment and her stubbornness she lived another 13 years, which included another episode of chemotherapy. During most of those 13 years she was in very good health and enjoyed the hell out of her life in the Keys with my dad.

I won't pretend to know what you're going through right now but I do know, that as bad as it was, my mom sure thought it was worth it!

Hang in there my friend! I'm looking forward to toasting the sunset with you on Indian Rocks Beach in about 6 months. Maybe the Birds will give us something to toast as well!

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                    Did you try the plastic utensils trick?

No, but I will give give it a shot.

I've dropped al of the IV weight, and down to 171 this morning. Gotta do a better job of eating somehow. I have yeast forming in my mouth which is aparently a common side effect from one of the chemo drugs I am on,,,,,,and I can't even begin to describe what that is like. Eating is a challenge.

Comment

tino, thanks man. You know, I was talking with Susi last night and saying that I wish I had a crystal ball. This crap is so much fun to go thru that it makes you wonder if the cure isn't worse than the disease. Hell, a week ago I was functioning pretty normally still, and could eat, poop, and even swim if I wanted to. Now I am just a sick kitten incapable of doing much at all. Walked about 3/4 of a mile this morning, then needed a 45 minute nap. And this is significant improvement over the last couple of days where I had difficulty just holding my head up at times. I think I've seen the worst of this cycle and should sooon be on a better trend. (Til the next cycle starts me out from a weaker position).

Anyway, if I had that crystal ball, and could know what going thru these treatemnts would buy me, then it would be an easier decision to make. If chemo/radiation is going to buy me a 1 1/2 - 2 years of life in mostly misery.....would you choose that? I probably would not. I'm hoping against logic and odds for something better. I want to have some more "quality time" before I'm done.

I'll tell you what, tho. Last night I was doing well enough to lay on my side and "spoon-up" with my wife for a while, and that is money in the bank, fellas. Gravy.

Comment

Hang in there Fresh. The chemo is short term and it'll Lead to better things. Just stop focusing on the shit you're going through and look ahead. It IS going to lead to better times with the wife and your friends. I expect an invite to the "Back to Normal with a better appreciation for Life" victory party at your house when this is over. I promise to bring a case of anything you want to help celebrate. (No I won't stuff Cheryl Cole into a case - she was pissed when I did that to her last week!)

Comment

You really should stop naming your blow up dolls, Juk.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                            You really should stop naming your blow up dolls, Juk.
                            Then how will I tell them apart?

Comment

Fresh. Unfortunately you don't have a crystal ball man but you just gotta suck it up and fight. Easy for us all to say via a keyboard but you just gotta do it. Life is too precious and you gotta fight for everyday you get.

You hang tough. You will beat it and get many more years with the Mrs., and the rest of us here on the board.
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Today's weight - 168 lbs. Gotta try and eat more, and I need something to stay and not just run thru. I'm losing 3 or more pounds a day, and that's probably not good. I don't know what would be considered "normal". Susi just ran out to get some medicine to bind me up, hopefully. It's no wonder I am so damned weak. Maybe I need to take up some buddies on the idea of smokin some weed?

Comment

Working...
                                X