• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might as well have Madden games on Sundays

Joe Buck: FOX will likely pump crowd noise into NFL broadcasts in 2020

May
    5/14/2020 1:00:04 PM

Whether fans are in the stands this fall or not, you’ll hear crowd noise on FOX’s NFL broadcasts, Chris Mason of Masslive reports.

Play-by-play man Joe Buck broke that news on Sirius XM’s Andy Cohen Live, saying the network is looking for ways to put virtual fans in the stands, too.

“It’s pretty much a done deal," Buck said. "I think whoever is going to have to be really good at their job and be realistic with how a crowd would react depending on what just happened on the field. So it’s really important. And then on top of that... they’re looking at ways to put virtual fans in the stands, so when you see a wide shot it looks like the stadium is jam-pack and in fact it’ll be empty.”

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Just play the fucking games and stop with the bullshit! Clearly they’re letting the same idiot responsible for those stupid robots make this decision to. This is a large part of why I hate watching games on Fox. Too much bullshit that takes away from the game itself.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

It sounds like I am going to get very familiar with the mute button.

Comment

show shots of the techmo bowl crowd while you're at it
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          show shots of the techmo bowl crowd while you're at it
          This would actually make me laugh.

Comment

To be honest I always find crowd noise during broadcasts distracting. Many times they have crowds very close to the broadcast booth and the crowd drowns out the announcer. this happens in football, baseball, basketball, etc
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              To be honest I always find crowd noise during broadcasts distracting. Many times they have crowds very close to the broadcast booth and the crowd drowns out the announcer. this happens in football, baseball, basketball, etc
              I thought it was me because I'm half deaf and thought it was background noise screwing things up. I'm glad that it's just not me. It's not that I give a crap what they are saying but sometimes some things are going on on the field that you just can't figure out what's going on without them.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

yep
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Working...
                X