State of the Eagles off the field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Eagles off the field

This DeSean Jackson stuff is not going away.

Apparently, Malik Jackson is on the record with a social media comment calling Farrakhan honorable. And defending DeSean for saying he gets to speak his mind.

Alshon and Marquis Goodwin are on the record supporting DJax.

Malcolm Jenkins was interviewed and said Jewish problems are not our problems and while we acknowledge them or whatever we have our own movement.

This is not really a stick to sports thing anymore now unfortunately... this is starting to look like some of these men are going down the rat hole of separatism that organizations like the NOI and others teach.

I studied this stuff in detail in college. I've read at least a dozen books on the subject and not crazy books written by weirdos... I'm talking books from an historical perspective that detail the demise of the NOI, the Panthers, the Black Power Movement. The civil rights movement got hijacked in the late 1960s and that is happening again. I am a blm guy not a BLM guy...that's all I'm saying.

If this is the way the NFL is headed I'm out guys. It pains me to say that but why am I going to sit down and watch a game played by a bunch of people who hate me.

That may sound extreme but somebody has gotta pump the brakes here. They are going after Tony Dungy now even. That idiot Shannon Sharpe is defending DeSean Jackson.

Not trying to stir the pot but it is really concerning.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

AW, I get it.
    I saw this coming with the introduction of social issues and politics being dragged into the sports world. It has no place, IMM. BUT the only way I can respond is to look away and not participate. Which I have been doing for the last couple of years. Sorry to say that sports, in general, have become less and less of a part of my life. I used to love sports, of all kinds, hell, I've watched arm wrestling, lumberjacking, skiing, women's BB and softball, Tennis, even ice skating at times(never soccer, I always had my limits)... but I feel my time is just being wasted with the dilution of sports into social drama and politics.

Comment

Sadly, I am starting to feel the same way MD. Cancel all sports this season and lets restart next year. Too much Covid. Too much drama.

Comment

Eh. There is always something that is the end of the world. I lived in Camden in the 60s. The world didn't end with the violence in '68. Vietnam didn't end it. I never, ever thought I would see the day we would be buying stuff made in Vietnam and people saying how good it is (turns my stomach to this day). I was in Europe in the 70s when it was in fashion to blow up bars like Bobby's in Athens and many others across Europe because American GIs frequented them.
        I don't give a rats ass what Desean or any other knucklehead in sports thinks. I watch them play. I don't buy their gear and being I live where I live I rarely go to games. Funny story..... a real good friend of mine who lives in the far, far right yipped about Hollywood types talking politics awhile back and said what in God's name makes them think anyone gives a s*** what they think of politics. They need to stick to acting or whatever and shut up. I then asked him why he was such a big advocate of Clint Eastwood standing beside an empty chair running at the lips because he thought Clint stood up tall at that moment. He had the same opinion on Ted Nugent. Hypocrisy at its best. None of these people are scholars.
        Look I have LOTS of opinions on how long you can hold people down before they revolt, or what poverty does to the country, or how failing to address police problems early on magnifies problems later, etc, etc. I'm sure you know I've posted on misc many times about such things. No reason to get into it on this board. All I'll say is we are not at a good point in the country and we don't have people who want to solve these problems in places of importance.
        I've been of the opinion that the hell with it-- just play football. But I'm a little grumpy since I am not getting my beach time so maybe like Pliny I just need to see them skip everything this year.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

remember staying with Mike Golic years ago to watch a big game against the Redskins. He asked me if I wanted to meet him in the hospitality room after the game and I did even though I didn't want to go. Most football players are bad people. Believe me I played with a bunch of jerks in college and I saw a lot of disgusting stuff and I just wanted to keep the little kid in me and go home. Anyway they were a bunch of great guys for the most part. Even Now I probably wouldn't care to do it again. I prefer to relive my childhood days when they were my heros and I didn't know that most of them were dirtbags.

I stopped watching basketball as soon as I figured out that these pros are a bunch of militant gang banging hoods.

Despite all of this I still love to watch football but my interest in other sports is rapidly waning. As far as everybody ready to jump ship I don't believe it for one minute. You wouldn't be here if you really felt that way. This virus just has you all extremely and rightly depressed. IMO football is just what the doctor ordered if they miraculously pull it off. And for none of our Eagles open their mouth again.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Politics is simply divisive. Right or wrong, left or right, whatever. I hate, HATE that it's dominating the landscape of professional sports. I've been a football fan my entire life. I used to watch MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, you name it, but I don't have the time nowadays. Still, I love the Eagles and the NFL. But, right now I can tell you that I've just about had enough. I don't think they're going to play football this year, and I don't care. I'm sick of it all. That fuckhead Colin Kapernick managed to drag politics into the NFL, and it hasn't been the same since. Now, it's just gotten to the point of being unbearable. I don't give a fuck about any of that shit. I just want to enjoy the Godamned games, and the league in general. It's a shame, but I'm this:close to saying fuck it.

Comment

Guys honestly I don’t care about standard politics and whatever positions people take right or left. I can get past that as a Libertarian.

What I can’t condone is this BLM movement and Malcolm Jenkins plus others dismissing violence and the murder of children. Anti Semitic comments. Lining up behind Louis Farrakhan. Destroying the very neighborhoods they want police NOT to police. Defunding the police.

These positions are not political... they are indefensible, racist, and in my mind insane. That’s my point. This country won’t survive if this is the direction they are taking us.

Meanwhile Lebrun James and his cronies couldn’t care less about millions of Muslim minorities in China being abused and treated like slaves. Muhammad Ali defended all Brown and Black people... not just Americans. That’s where it bothers me... the lack of common sense and selective nature of this movement.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                Politics is simply divisive. Right or wrong, left or right, whatever. I hate, HATE that it's dominating the landscape of professional sports. I've been a football fan my entire life. I used to watch MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, you name it, but I don't have the time nowadays. Still, I love the Eagles and the NFL. But, right now I can tell you that I've just about had enough. I don't think they're going to play football this year, and I don't care. I'm sick of it all. That fuckhead Colin Kapernick managed to drag politics into the NFL, and it hasn't been the same since. Now, it's just gotten to the point of being unbearable. I don't give a fuck about any of that shit. I just want to enjoy the Godamned games, and the league in general. It's a shame, but I'm this:close to saying fuck it.
                Quoted for truth!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  Guys honestly I don’t care about standard politics and whatever positions people take right or left. I can get past that as a Libertarian.

What I can’t condone is this BLM movement and Malcolm Jenkins plus others dismissing violence and the murder of children. Anti Semitic comments. Lining up behind Louis Farrakhan. Destroying the very neighborhoods they want police NOT to police. Defunding the police.

These positions are not political... they are indefensible, racist, and in my mind insane. That’s my point. This country won’t survive if this is the direction they are taking us.

Meanwhile Lebrun James and his cronies couldn’t care less about millions of Muslim minorities in China being abused and treated like slaves. Muhammad Ali defended all Brown and Black people... not just Americans. That’s where it bothers me... the lack of common sense and selective nature of this movement.
                  Quoted for truth!

Comment

Working...
                  X