The Washington Redskins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Washington Redskins

If there is one team that I think may just come up and bite the Eagles in the derriere, it is the Redskins.

Brunell needs to stay healthy, undoubtedly, but if he does, and Portis can be as effective as he was in Denver...and with the wide receivers they have, this team could be an offensive powerhouse.

Defensively, I am not as sold. The corners are nothing to get excited about. The LB's are solid, Arrington is going to be reigned in a great deal, I actually think he may play a few downs a DE. The defensive line is weak.

But Gibbs will have the same effect that Parcells did with the Cowpukes. He'll win a game or two just by being Gibbs.

The NFC Beast has returned, and that ain't good news for the Birds. First the NFL realigns and takes away our softy (although it seemed they beat us once a year) in Arizona. Then Parcells and Gibbs return to the NFL. It's going to be a real battle this year.

I feel like everybody just copies everyone else. Dick Vermeil wins with St. Louis; Florida wins a championship with Jack McKeown; the Grizzlies have success with a dinosaur like Hubie Brown; now all of the sudden, Gibbs is coming back to save the Redskins. I'll admit that he'll be similar to Parcells in that he'll win a few games by better coaching and motivation alone. However, same as Parcells, there's only so much you can do with the talent level. And, there's no guarantee that Gibbs will be any good.. just old.

Brunell? I draft Brunell every year hoping he returns to 1999 form and he stinks every single year. Brunell isn't the answer. Remember, this is a Daniel Snyder led team. Give him enough rope and he'll fuck it all up. Good news for Eagles fans is that Snydy has plenty of rope.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

I live in the DC area, and Gibbs will not tolerate Snyder fucking around with the team, or he's gone. Snyder cannot afford to look like a fucking idiot any longer with the turnover in personnel and coaches. He has to stay away and let Gibbs run the show, or he will become truly ineffectual as an owner.

Comment

Originally posted by LG
        He has to stay away and let Gibbs run the show, or he will become truly ineffectual as an owner.
        He'll become ineffectual? Exactly what positive effect has he had on the team since he became owner? The guy is the poster child for ineffectual owners. He doesn't know how to delegate and let people do the jobs he hires them to do. Until he learns that and proves that he can live that way, he'll continue to be a complete and total buffoon!!!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

You're killin' me Jukin...I can't concentrate when Kim's about to take her shirt off.

The "Skins are a year or two out from being a team the Eagles need to lose sleep over. Honestly, I think Seattle is going to give more teams in the NFC fits than the 'Skins.
          I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Washington's talent level, at least offensively, is much better than what Parcell's had to work with. And a weak defense is less a factor in the NFC than in the AFC.

The top teams in the NFC, Philly and Seattle, both have weakened secondaries.

Washington could do very well this season.

Comment

One thing everyone is leaving out here is that none of these guys have played together before, and in the NFL it takes a while, especially on offense to get on the same page. The Eagles are just throwing on piece into their puzzle, where the 'Skins are basically starting over, who knows if Brunell will even fit into Gibb's run-first pass-second sytem. How will Portis fare without Alex Gibbs zone-blocking schemes? Will Kim Smith ever take her shirt off?
              I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

I think the Redskins will finsih ahead of the Cowgirls this year and steal a wildcard. The offense is powerful with Rod Gardner, Laveraneus Coles, Mark Brunell, and Clinton Portis. But their D is pretty good too. Shawn Springs fills in for Champ Bailey(I know its a step down),Fred Smoot is solid on the other side. Sean Taylor should come up big for them. Lavar Arrington, Micheal Barrow and Marcus Washington should be good for them at LB. And Cornelius Griffin should help out their defensive line.
                http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

Offense good, coaching presumably good, defense....not so good
                  Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                  X