MD will like this quote from Parcells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD will like this quote from Parcells

"The key is the same as always. It's an execution game. If you execute well and things go well, then you usually wind up playing well," he said. "If you don't, you don't. The crowd doesn't have anything to do with it, in my opinion."
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

It's a truism, IMO, just like the fact that Dullass Sucks!

Comment

Execution is important, but I disagree on the fact that the crowd has no effect on execution. If the crowd causes the line to not be able to hear the QB and a false start occurs, is that not the crowd effecting execution?
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

They have a way around crowd noise, every team does and if they execute that plan the crowd noise becomes less of a factor-- if they don't then the crowd noise does become a factor.

Many a team has over come crowd noise to win in a hostile places--- if they execute right.

Not saying it can't help or hurt -- and I would certainly like to think the Linc and our rabid fans will help the Eagles-- but if the Girls execute and go up by 14 points the crowd goes away and in fact probably hurts.

The bottom line is that crowd noise makes it harder to execute-- it adds one more thing to the other teams plate-- but I think in Parcells mind they should over come that!

Comment

Working...
        X