Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reid on McNabb speaking out away from NovaCare...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid on McNabb speaking out away from NovaCare...

This is from the main site. It was from an piece of Reid visiting the kids at chop. I just copied the part with Reid talking about McNabb and him speaking....I was going to put this in the thread about McNabb and Reid being on WIP, especially after reading a post eluding to this, but I thought it deserved it's own thread.

I will post it on the other site as well.

**Since Kolb was drafted, McNabb has held two press gatherings and both have been outside of the NovaCare Complex. While some people perceive McNabb's press conferences are an attempt to rehab his public image, Reid believes McNabb is just more comfortable at this stage of his career.

"I think he has a great image. I think 99 percent of the people think that Donovan is the greatest quarterback to ever play in Philadelphia," said Reid. "There might be a small percent that's indifferent. People here love him. He's just getting out and about a little bit more and doing what he feels comfortable with right now in his career and more power to him. He's going to come back and have a great year this year."*
    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

I sense this will be McNabb's best season. It'll be tough to top the '04 season statistically (that was one of the all-time best), but i just expect an all-around brilliant campaign.I hope he stays healthy throughout. [-o<

Comment

Re: Reid on McNabb speaking out away from NovaCare...

Originally posted by Theo
      While some people perceive McNabb's press conferences are an attempt to rehab his public image, Reid believes McNabb is just more comfortable at this stage of his career.

"I think he has a great image. I think 99 percent of the people think that Donovan is the greatest quarterback to ever play in Philadelphia," said Reid. "There might be a small percent that's indifferent. People here love him. He's just getting out and about a little bit more and doing what he feels comfortable with right now in his career and more power to him. He's going to come back and have a great year this year."
      Despite the stuff that happened in Reid's family, and McNabb with his injury, those two seem to be really at ease this offseason. Interesting.

Is it me, or in years past, Reid would've said something more guarded and stale than "people here love him" or "I think 99 percent of the people think that Donovan is the greatest quarterback to ever play in Philadelphia"?

Just a good vibe......even though I've been known to drink a lotta this:
      If not this:
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I think his conferences away from NovaCare DID signify a change, despite what some here think. The question was, was it good, bad, or indifferent. I said at the time that I thought it ws a GOOD thing, and I was happy to see Donovan spread his wings a bit. He even admitted on his interview yesterday that he is purposefully trying to change perceptions, and used Iverson as a reference. Donovan defenders, don't get your panties in a wad over this. Just becasue some of us believe this is a change in DMac, that doesn't mean it's a negative.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Skivvies are just fine here FRESH.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
            Skivvies are just fine here FRESH.
            On WHO??????
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
              Donovan defenders, don't get your panties in a wad over this. Just becasue some of us believe this is a change in DMac, that doesn't mean it's a negative.
              The only thing that bothers me is that you actually think that McNabb fans care about that point. But, two seconds later, I remembered your role here.

As a strong supporter of D-Mac, I agreed previously that this was a change (who da fvck can't see that?) and that it was for the better. Donny has confirmed my statements that he has been perceived as a house boy, so he needed to do some things that distanced him from that image.....and the personal press conference was part of that.

A couple things haven't changed....AR and Donny are still class acts with good sense of humors. And the are very good at adapting and CHANGING.
              Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                I sense this will be McNabb's best season. It'll be tough to top the '04 season statistically (that was one of the all-time best), but i just expect an all-around brilliant campaign.I hope he stays healthy throughout. [-o<
                I'll support that considering both of the last two seasons he has looked even better then '04 coming out of the gates. However in both seasons he was derailed by injuries and various team problems.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                  I think his conferences away from NovaCare DID signify a change, despite what some here think. The question was, was it good, bad, or indifferent. I said at the time that I thought it ws a GOOD thing, and I was happy to see Donovan spread his wings a bit. He even admitted on his interview yesterday that he is purposefully trying to change perceptions, and used Iverson as a reference. Donovan defenders, don't get your panties in a wad over this. Just becasue some of us believe this is a change in DMac, that doesn't mean it's a negative.
                  If this is partially aimed at me, I will clarify my stance on this issue again....

I fully understand McNabb wanted to make changes in how he was perceived and treated by the media...so he took more control of that process, hired his own PR guy and started to try again to communicate who he is in hopes people will listen, chill the fuck out and actually respect something other than making money or creating controversy.

Never argued about that....although the recent media interactions have also been alot about his charity golf tournament he is promoting.

The issue I argued about was WHO he was angry/frustrated with and what the future held....the media and some fans tried to spin everything as a big crisis between McNabb and the Eagles and/or Reid and that McNabb's time here was basically over...

That is CRAP IMO...there is ZERO evidence for those assumptions and jumped-to-conclusions IMO and that is what made me frustrated for McNabb...

McNabb can do whatever he wants to try and get the media to pull their heads out of their rear ends and treat people with some human dignity, but IMO it will not work here especially at this late date unfortunately...it is a worthy attempt and I wish McNabb the best. It would be great if the media could meet him at least half way, but I will not hold my breath.
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Good clarification, VFK. I DID wonder if this created any sort of rift betweeen DMac and Fat Andy, but if it did, it is certainly not one they can't work around.

I was fully in support of McNabb coming forward as he did. I was concerned about how this might be received by the organization. It appears all is fine in that regard.

Comment

Couldn't have said it better VFK!!

Just another example of how the media looks to create so much controversy with this guy, when really, it just isn't there.
                      Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Working...
                      X