Birdseed.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdseed.........

Jevon is up to 245, but JJ still says...Jevon"just doesn't have any meat on his bones right now." He WAS down to 235, right? So he's moving in the right direction but has quite a ways to go.

After Matt Schobel's hamstring strain left them with only two healthy tight ends, the Eagles released quarterback Perry Patterson and signed tight end Kyle Hunt, from Southeast Missouri State .

Bucky said about hunt: "Tony looks a whole lot better. I know rookie camp probably helped him a lot . . . No wasted motion, he looks like he's got it pretty much down," Buckhalter said. "We always try to help him any way we can, because that's the approach Duce Staley and Brian Mitchell took with us." And I read similat coment from Trot about helping the young LBs, as Willie T helped him when he came into the league. I can't hep but be surprised about this attitude, and the fact that our vets help out the guys who are trying to take their jobs. Nice to hear, but surprising.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

i am very, very worried about Kearse. he is way too small for that position and i have my doubts he'll be able to put the necessary weight back on in about 6 weeks.

i just dont understand why he dropped so much. there's no reason why he couldnt have stayed in the weight room working his upper body as he rehabbed the knee.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

LT I agree with you. I'm not as concerned about him gaining the weight in time for the opener, as I am about what carrying that weight will do to him over the course of the season. I do think he'll get fatigued as the season progresses, but my bigger worry is about injury. The amount of wear and tear playing at the NFL level puts on a body (especially at the physically demanding DE postion!) carrying an extra 20-25 pounds is a scary proposition for a guy who's already injury prone.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Not worried at all. He is 245 right now and he normally plays at 255/260. He has 3 months to gain 10/15 pounds. He can easily do 5 pounds a month.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Re: Birdseed.........

Originally posted by FRESH
          And I read similat coment from Trot about helping the young LBs, as Willie T helped him when he came into the league. I can't hep but be surprised about this attitude, and the fact that our vets help out the guys who are trying to take their jobs. Nice to hear, but surprising.
          Wouldn't be surprised if they're uncomfortable to some degree, but they know it's part of the job to help their teammates. And you never know, even if there was ever some sort of problem that way, they'd probably never admit it:
          Reporter, to Trotter: Are you helping Chris Gocong develop?
          Trotter: No, he's a threat to my job.
          Reporter, to Gocong: Is Trotter helping you?
          Gocong: No. He set my stuff on fire last week.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
            Not worried at all. He is 245 right now and he normally plays at 255/260. He has 3 months to gain 10/15 pounds. He can easily do 5 pounds a month.
            He only has 7 weeks. I would imagine that once they hit TC, it's a battle to just maintain their weight, much less add more muscle. Correct?
            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

balto, you act like it's BS, but Trot and Bucky both made comments that the had RECEIVED help form their predecessors. Why lie about that?
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I don't think that it's BS, Freshy, because even if these young guys are here to replace the older guys sooner or later, the vets are still professionals and they're still teammates, and they all still want to win. I remember stories about young guys who had great careers who were taken "under the wing" of older players since Vermeil's days, it's nothing new.

If I had to mentor a new player who was going to take my place, would I feel a little strange about it? Sure, and I'd want to play 100% to keep my starter job as long as I could. Would I still mentor the guy? Of course I would (see reasons above).

As for the "lie about it" stuff, the first post made me remember a part of the book "Bringing the Heat" where they talked about how Seth Joyner went to the OL at halftime of a game, and basically gave them an angry raft of shit about how they were playing. They told him to go to hell and just let them do their job and figure out how to open holes for the run.......but the Eagles won, and it was reported in postgame that Seth gave the OL a pep talk at halftime that helped fire them up.

Eagles vets mentoring new rooks? We're fine there.
                "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga

He only has 7 weeks. I would imagine that once they hit TC, it's a battle to just maintain their weight, much less add more muscle. Correct?
                  exactly. kearse, according to what i read, has freakishly high metabolism. i doubt he will be able to get much north of 250 this year.
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                    I don't care about training camp I care about the season. What's more important to the team is he gain his strength. The guy has been through quite a few TC and it's not like playing DE is something you forget to do. It's not a timing thing like QB or WR.

But lets say between now and the start of TC he gains 10 pounds. That's only 1 1/2 to2 pounds a week which is very easily done by an athlete. He's up to 255. He loses 5 pounds during TC, which is not that unlikely because Kearse doesn't have much fat at all. Ok he goes down to 250. At the end of training camp he now has 4-5 weeks to gain back the 5 pounds he lost which would bring him up to 255.

It was about a month/ month and a half ago that Kearse was 235. At his heaviest he was only 255/260 anyway. Even if he comes in at 250 it's not like 5 pounds will make or break him because he has always played light.
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                      i am very, very worried about Kearse. he is way too small for that position and i have my doubts he'll be able to put the necessary weight back on in about 6 weeks.

i just dont understand why he dropped so much. there's no reason why he couldnt have stayed in the weight room working his upper body as he rehabbed the knee.
                      Perhaps he had his eye on Dhani's position!

I feel the same way, LT. Maybe it's easier said than done, but it doesn't seem impossible to maintain weight while rehabbing.

Comment

Here is some insight from the official site:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeN ... p?id=70725

Comment

Yea Thought, those are good reports from JJ. The other thing that will help Kearse is if they can maintain a good rotation and Abba dabba can come in and help soak up playing time as a rookie. I can see Andy & JJ paying close attention to Kearse's PT this year---esp early to see how he is holding up.
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

255 is what he came into the NFL at. he was a stud when he was that light and fast.

265 has been his weight the last few seasons.

speed is his game...so I'm OK with the lost weight. As long as he is healthy...it will be huge having him back

Comment

Working...
                            X