No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Dawkins Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming this is true and Dawkins plays like crap this season. Will you guys forgive the FO?
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Bart Scott to the Jets - http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=140316

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
        Did they report it as definite. Or just regurgitating the current source.

PTI just said, "Dawkins reportedly to the Broncos." Then right after, Breaking News before Sports Center "reportedly signs 2 year deal."

Ok, so not definite yet I suppose. And this certainly wouldn't be a cause for panic as much as I'd pretty much lose a ton of respect for the FO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          Interesting. The forums at philadelphiaeagles.com are offline right now. I think the entire city is in an uproar.

Please let the signing statement be premature.
          Can't seem to connect to WIP online either.

Comment

Assuming this is true and Dawkins plays like crap this season. Will you guys forgive the FO?

Not sure. I will probably have delusions that he'd have a better year for the Eagles or something.

The biggest problem I see is that we now have a serious need for a leader on the team. Maybe Sheldon Brown? I just don't know who steps in to fill that role...

Am I overrating leadership here?

Comment

This just isn't right!

I know when all is said, football is just a business. But when it comes to the Eagles 'soul', it should not have ended like this.

It's just not right!

Comment

From ESPN.com

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
                If this report in the San Francisco Chronicle is true, Brian Dawkins will become a Denver Bronco on Saturday. I honestly thought the Eagles would be willing to match any offer the Broncos made, but perhaps they weren't given the chance.
                This is one of the most beloved players in the history of the frachise. Something doesn't seem right about him ending his career with the Broncos. I think Eagles management will face some serious criticism for letting it come to this. Honestly, this shocks me more than anything that has happened so far in free agency.

Comment

ESPN discussing this as a done deal. Eff me.

Comment

Headlines February 2010:
                    Philadelphia Eagles lose the SB on a last Minute interception return by BD!
                    Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

i'm not giving up yet. all of these other reports are just citing this original thing in the SF Chronicle.
                      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

How would you guys feel if it comes out that Dawkins didn't come back to the Eagles with Denver's offer. Kind of hypocritical after spouting on that stuff about wanting to retire an Eagle.

Comment

I honestly believe that Dawk will give (or gave) the Eagles a chance to match. But, I would not be surprised if the Eagles think that it is too much to pay and decline.

I would not want to be Joe Banner right now.

Comment

Saw on the other board via NFL Network that Dawk is talking with both Denver AND the Eagles still.

Comment

How would you guys feel if it comes out that Dawkins didn't come back to the Eagles with Denver's offer. Kind of hypocritical after spouting on that stuff about wanting to retire an Eagle.
                              Dawkins holds more credibility with me than Joe Banner. Sorry, if he didn't bring it back to the Eagles then he probably felt ... yeah, I'm going to say it ... disrespected. So no, I won't hold it against Dawkins for not bringing back an offer when he may have been offered a crap deal from the Eagles.

Of course, we have no clue what went down ... of course, if he said he'd give the Eagles a chance to match and didn't, then that's a different story. And I imagine that's the story that the Eagles will leak regardless, but I'm not sure we'll ever know the truth.

Comment

Saw on the other board via NFL Network that Dawk is talking with both Denver AND the Eagles still.

I hope you are right, or as Pliny said, I would not want to be Joe Banner right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X