OFFICIAL: Dawkins Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
    How would you guys feel if it comes out that Dawkins didn't come back to the Eagles with Denver's offer. Kind of hypocritical after spouting on that stuff about wanting to retire an Eagle.
    I would be more pissed at Wolverine than I am at the FO right now!
    Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

How would you guys feel if it comes out that Dawkins didn't come back to the Eagles with Denver's offer. Kind of hypocritical after spouting on that stuff about wanting to retire an Eagle.

Really depends on how the Eagles treated him. if they gave him a shit offer, how can i hold it against him? he is a prideful guy who deserves to be treated with decency and respect.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

This is a tough one...

I assume the Eagles did not see more than 1 year of production left for Dawk as we have seen the last 2 years his game slip from his usual high standard, but I think Fresh said reports were Dawk wanted to get as much money as possible for his family and, if the Broncos offered a 2 yr deal worth more money, then he certainly could have taken it.

I hope he gave the Eagles a chance to match or that communication is going on between the two parties...we'll know for sure tomorrow.

I wish him the best whereever he decides to go...
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
          This is a tough one...

I assume the Eagles did not see more than 1 year of production left for Dawk as we have seen the last 2 years his game slip from his usual high standard, but I think Fresh said reports were Dawk wanted to get as much money as possible for his family and, if the Broncos offered a 2 yr deal worth more money, then he certainly could have taken it.

I hope he gave the Eagles a chance to match or that communication is going on between the two parties...we'll know for sure tomorrow.

I wish him the best whereever he decides to go...

sorry, disagree. not tough. sign him. he should never wear another uniform.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Fuck Joe Banner.

Fuck Andy Reid.

Fuck Jeff Lurie.

Comment

we'll know for sure tomorrow.
              Now, if he does end up reversing my heart attack, then maybe we'll find out what happened. If he ends up in Denver, I'm not sure I'll know what to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                Fuck Joe Banner.

Fuck Andy Reid.

Fuck Jeff Lurie.
                I couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Fuck Joe Banner.

Fuck Andy Reid.

Fuck Jeff Lurie.

This warrants a sticky thread with the above headline.

Comment

Assuming this is true and Dawkins plays like crap this season. Will you guys forgive the FO?

NO. NO FUCKING WAY.

Because this is his system. If he plays terribly for the Broncos, I will chalk it up to their system.

Look, we all know BDawk has lost a step. But for what he has meant to the eagles and his leadership, we owed it to him, his teammates and the fans to sign him even if we had to OVERPAY.

This is horseshit.

We needed to do the right thing instead of the smart thing for once and fucking sign dawkins. What a fucking joke. Still $48M under the cap!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                      sorry, disagree. not tough. sign him. he should never wear another uniform.
                      I meant tough as in its difficult to see him perhaps moving on...

Production is always a good teams priority...you cannot keep players just because they are good guys or good leaders. The Eagles priority is fielding the best team possible every year...clearly Dawk is not the same player as he was and JJ had to be creative this past year in pass coverage especially...latest example being Fitz schooling Dawk in the NFCCG for a TD one on one.

Plus you are giving Dawk a total pass here....he said he wanted to retire an Eagle and never wanted to play anywhere else...as IMK said he made a choice here and may not have given the Eagles a chance to match.

Everyone loves Dawk and respects what he has done here; the point is how much production loss can we carry to keep him and/or who else do we currently have or could get that would solidify that position for years to come?

Maybe the Eagles are really high on Demps? Maybe they want to shift Brown back to S and keep Lito? Maybe they see a draft guy they think is a stud? Who knows, we need more info before we can fully evaluate

-Andy Reid

Comment

I meant tough as in its difficult to see him perhaps moving on...

Production is always a good teams priority...you cannot keep players just because they are good guys or good leaders. The Eagles priority is fielding the best team possible every year...clearly Dawk is not the same player as he was and JJ had to be creative this past year in pass coverage especially...latest example being Fitz schooling Dawk in the NFCCG for a TD one on one.

Plus you are giving Dawk a total pass here....he said he wanted to retire an Eagle and never wanted to play anywhere else...as IMK said he made a choice here and may not have given the Eagles a chance to match.

Everyone loves Dawk and respects what he has done here; the point is how much production loss can we carry to keep him and/or who else do we currently have or could get that would solidify that position for years to come?

Maybe the Eagles are really high on Demps? Maybe they want to shift Brown back to S and keep Lito? Maybe they see a draft guy they think is a stud? Who knows, we need more info before we can fully evaluate

my bad for misunderstanding your point.

still, i argue you hold onto one of the franchise's all-time greats until he can't play anymore.

Comment

Fuck Joe Banner.

Fuck Andy Reid.

Fuck Jeff Lurie.

i dont believe this is Big Red's doing. he said last week that they were going to sign Dawk. Then the Eagles went out of their way to knock that down.

this is banner again.

Comment

If Reid can't stand up and get Banner to sign Dawkins, then he truly has lost the power struggle.

FRESH - GO FUCK BANNER'S WIFE!

I'm still holding out hope that this is an erroneous report. What a sad sad day.

Oh, as for giving the Eagles a chance to match? THE EAGLES SHOULD NEVER HAVE LET DAWK HIT FREE AGENCY! Stroke the man's ego and pay him. Pay the fucking man! He only risks permanent paralysis for you everytime he flies through the air to try to knock a player and a ball out.

Comment

VFK, you aren't seriously ripping dawkins for getting schooled by the best WR (by far) in the NFL are you? Name for me 3 safeties who wouldn't be schooled by Fitz?

There is crap available in FA and we lose Dawkins? Banner just said we won't be able to spend all of our money ... now you can argue whether or not he's "worth it" in terms of dollars, but this should be a football decision (given the cap situation). I don't see how Demps is better than Dawkins right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                                my bad for misunderstanding your point.

still, i argue you hold onto one of the franchise's all-time greats until he can't play anymore.
                                No problem, LT

Alot of people feel as you do. I love Dawk and wanted him to stay. Perhaps this report is bogus, who knows. But eventually there comes a time when tough decisions must be made--a starting S at age 36 and 37 is a risky proposition and I am just not sure if Dawk would stay at even his present production level much less be the stud we saw so many years.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X