#90 played Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
    He may not have been the biggest bust, but Antone Davis is still the draft pick that angers me the most. Rich Kotite gave up not 1, but 2 first round picks to get this guy. And, Davis was a below average starter for 4 years on a weak offensive line. The Antone Davis pick really set this team back because of the high cost.
    I met him a decade ago in Fla. at an amusement park. We were watching a show, and he sat a few rows ahead of me. I kept looking over at him because I recognized his face but couldn't recall from where.

After the show, I approached him and asked him where he was from. I told him I recognized him. I told him that I was from Philly, and in response he stated that he played for the Eagles in the 90s. That's when his name came to me. Then he left to catch up with his family.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
      I met him a decade ago in Fla. at an amusement park. We were watching a show, and he sat a few rows ahead of me. I kept looking over at him because I recognized his face but couldn't recall from where.

After the show, I approached him and asked him where he was from. I told him I recognized him. I told him that I was from Philly, and in response he stated that he played for the Eagles in the 90s. That's when his name came to me. Then he left to catch up with his family.
      He probably wants to forget his days in Philly! LOL!!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
        He may not have been the biggest bust, but Antone Davis is still the draft pick that angers me the most. Rich Kotite gave up not 1, but 2 first round picks to get this guy. And, Davis was a below average starter for 4 years on a weak offensive line. The Antone Davis pick really set this team back because of the high cost.
        More than Jon Harris? That's the one that I could never figure out. Still perplexed by that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          He probably wants to forget his days in Philly! LOL!!
          Yeah, he seemed like he wanted to get away quickly. I assumed it was because his wife and kids were leaving without him.

Comment

More than Jon Harris? That's the one that I could never figure out. Still perplexed by that one.
            You and everybody else on the planet. I coached his agent in high school and he was also shocked. He said Harris was so lazy that he just hoped the kid would get drafted. The only reason my kid landed him was because it was his first job and nobody else really pursued Harris. What a stupid pick!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              You and everybody else on the planet. I coached his agent in high school and he was also shocked. He said Harris was so lazy that he just hoped the kid would get drafted. The only reason my kid landed him was because it was his first job and nobody else really pursued Harris. What a stupid pick!
              I remember flipping out after that pick. And then listening to Rhodes trying to rationalize it. I went out for the rest of the day and refused to watch the rest of that draft.

Comment

I remember flipping out after that pick. And then listening to Rhodes trying to rationalize it. I went out for the rest of the day and refused to watch the rest of that draft.
                I think I Remember that Virginia had an awesome defense and about 7 of them got drafted. Harris was the last of a few that went in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                X