• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprised McCown was available

Report: Josh McCown, Eagles agree to contract

Veteran QB depth.

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Aug 17, 2019, 10:16am

Hey, this is interesting! The Philadelphia Eagles are signing free agent quarterback Josh McCown, according to a report from NFL insider Adam Schefter.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
    Josh McCown had said if the right opportunity came along, he would consider it. Now it has. He is signing a 1-year deal with Eagles.

Eagles still expect Nate Sudfeld - who received a second-round tender last off-season - to return from injury this season; team still values him.

10:13 AM - Aug 17, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    159 people are talking about this

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
    Josh McCown had said if the right opportunity came along, he would consider it. Now it has. He is signing a 1-year deal with Eagles.

Eagles still expect Nate Sudfeld - who received a second-round tender last off-season - to return from injury this season; team still values him.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Nice backup insurance...

Comment

Yea I like him a heel of a lot more than Bradford
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

McCown >>>> Kessler IMO

This is a good signing considering. But yeah, Sudfeld is still our #2.

Comment

He's a good backup for a talented team. I hope he never steps on the field
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Damn. Just saw this.

"A source said the Eagles are giving McCown a one-year deal that includes $2 million fully guaranteed and could be worth up to $5.4 million."

The Eagles are paying Kessler only $720k. Sudfeld is making $3 million this year.

I think it's pretty obvious who our 3 QB's will be. See you later Cody. Thorson will be cut or put in the PS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
              Damn. Just saw this.

I think it's pretty obvious who our 3 QB's will be. See you later Cody. Thorson will be cut or euthanized to protect the gene pool.

Fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                Damn. Just saw this.

"A source said the Eagles are giving McCown a one-year deal that includes $2 million fully guaranteed and could be worth up to $5.4 million."

The Eagles are paying Kessler only $720k. Sudfeld is making $3 million this year.

I think it's pretty obvious who our 3 QB's will be. See you later Cody. Thorson will be cut or put in the PS.

Kind of like Chase Daniels who was paid handsomely. Seems the birds will pay a premium if they have a particular calling for a particular player
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Working...
                X