No announcement yet.

#4 Overall Pick | Target Two Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not questioning HB's talent. He's a top 5 pick type talent. I'm wondering how a guy could be suspended - family expresses deep sadness, coach reaches out - he appears to be getting help and will eventually get a second chance - and then he freaking gets busted again? And somehow we should think he's going to be good when he gets a pro contract with $ associated with it? LOL. No chance.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Jenkins did the same shit and is now a starting NFL CB. Corners and WRs are the NFLs bottom feeders of society. U just gotta accept it and move on.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
        I never want to see Nate Allen back there again. Ever.
        Who's Nate Allen?

Comment

HB will not be as good as Jenkins. You can freelance a whole lot when you have the corners he played with. He was a safety at 195 lbs. We are loking for corenrs bigger than that. He is a flyer in the 4th round and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            We are likely going to have to go OL with the first pick, I agree. But we desperately HAVE to put a decent secondary on the field. The most talented of the four is DRC, easily. So, we HAVE to bring him back, and get him to buy in to the new regime. That is our best shot. Then supplement the secondary and defense as a whole with the later picks in the draft.

Keep DRC and Allen, dump the rest and replace as best you can. Can they get any worse?????
            Fresh, DRC has talent but I want no parts of any player who quits. I would rather have a lesser player at that position that is giving his all than a quitter. We need to rid this team of players like DRC
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              Fresh, DRC has talent but I want no parts of any player who quits. I would rather have a lesser player at that position that is giving his all than a quitter. We need to rid this team of players like DRC
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

we thought the same thing of Asante Samuel and look what happened when we got rid of him.

you have to make a deal with the devil and have some DRCs and Desean Jackson's on your team. You need a Trotter, Dawkins, Tra Thomas or Runyan to keep that idiot in line.

Under no circumstances to I like DRC but he is talented when he wants to play.. Panthers and Bucs games for instance.... so you sit him down and tell him you will pay him a little bit of money that could be a TON of money if he plays hard and reaches some performance bonuses. And then you have Ryans, Herreamanns, Foles, Avant or McCoy sit on him.

The real problem is this team doesn't have a star that is also a leader. Dawk was one of the best players and a leader at the same time.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  we thought the same thing of Asante Samuel and look what happened when we got rid of him.

you have to make a deal with the devil and have some DRCs and Desean Jackson's on your team. You need a Trotter, Dawkins, Tra Thomas or Runyan to keep that idiot in line.

Under no circumstances to I like DRC but he is talented when he wants to play.. Panthers and Bucs games for instance.... so you sit him down and tell him you will pay him a little bit of money that could be a TON of money if he plays hard and reaches some performance bonuses. And then you have Ryans, Herreamanns, Foles, Avant or McCoy sit on him.

The real problem is this team doesn't have a star that is also a leader. Dawk was one of the best players and a leader at the same time.
                  I wonder why Ryans didn't just bitch slap him?
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I see you guys saying you dont want to keep DRC, and you don't want to keep Allen.....but we can't replace EVERYBODY. IF we keep a safety, it should be Allen. IF we keep one of our two starting corners, it should be DRC. Does that make it clearer?

Fuck it. Find me the next Taylor/Vincent combo and I am one happy MF'er. Good luck.......
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

Precisely!
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

One of the worst secondaries in the HISTORY of the NFL and we are going to take a right tackle with the 4th pick. There is one and only one player we need to target Dee Milliner CB Alambama. We need a building block for the secondary. The offensive line has Peters, Heremens and Mathis to build around
                        I definitely wouldn't mind that. However... as much as they have been godawful to watch, the defense (and secondary) actually started out the year pretty well I thought. It was odd, as we really weren't getting tons of pressure, no sacks, basically no interceptions, didn't really hit hard and were forcing no fumbles. But somehow it was working... they were making the tackles, and the secondary was covering. If I remember a string of QBs had downright miserable QB ratings against us. We gave up 16, 23, 27 (ugly loss), 17, 16 (in a loss), and 26 (in OT) points in the first six games. It was the offense which was the real problem (and special teams which were awful all year long). So, that is what they did in the scheme they practiced through the offseason and preseason.

Then, Castillo got fired. We gave up 30, 28, 38, 31, 30, 38, 21 (the win), 34, 27, and 42 points the rest of the way. That was when the 120 QB rating streak started (before it was probably barely half that). Clearly something completely broke at that point. Something about that coaching change absolutely did not work. The offense began to get competent (not great) once Foles came in; we probably would have won our share of games had the defense kept up the early season performance. From memory, Kendricks was pretty solid those first six games too then was all over the place after that. I'm just not sure how much stock I want to put in their miserable performance once playing in a scheme which was different than they had been playing. I won't shed many tears if any or all of them go if that's what the new coach wants, but I also don't think the historically bad performance we got to see the last two months was purely a result of player talent. Something went rotten in the coaching ranks. Or maybe playing like 5 straight teams coming off their bye really was a bigger deal then we even thought.

Comment

You don't use the #4 overall pick on a guy who is not an elite lock to be a perennial pro bowler because of a "need". You don't do that.

It won't happen. The Eagles will take the best player on the board.

Now if you want to talk their 2nd round pick. Sure - they will go defensive back as they should.
                          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                          Playoff Appearances:
                          NFC Title Games:
                          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                            You don't use the #4 overall pick on a guy who is not an elite lock to be a perennial pro bowler because of a "need". You don't do that.

It won't happen. The Eagles will take the best player on the board.

Now if you want to talk their 2nd round pick. Sure - they will go defensive back as they should.
                            There are not elite locks in this draft. Its a poor draft trust me I have been studying this.

BTW best player at 4 won't be Joeckel it will be Manti T'eo but we won't take him because we don't take linebackers in round 1.

Also let me be clear on Milliner, he is the best fit for this team, I believe he is better than Maurice Claiborne who went six last year. I also think we could deal back a few spots pick up another pick and still get Milliner, I have him in the 5-8 range.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                              I definitely wouldn't mind that. However... as much as they have been godawful to watch, the defense (and secondary) actually started out the year pretty well I thought. It was odd, as we really weren't getting tons of pressure, no sacks, basically no interceptions, didn't really hit hard and were forcing no fumbles. But somehow it was working... they were making the tackles, and the secondary was covering. If I remember a string of QBs had downright miserable QB ratings against us. We gave up 16, 23, 27 (ugly loss), 17, 16 (in a loss), and 26 (in OT) points in the first six games. It was the offense which was the real problem (and special teams which were awful all year long). So, that is what they did in the scheme they practiced through the offseason and preseason.

Then, Castillo got fired. We gave up 30, 28, 38, 31, 30, 38, 21 (the win), 34, 27, and 42 points the rest of the way. That was when the 120 QB rating streak started (before it was probably barely half that). Clearly something completely broke at that point. Something about that coaching change absolutely did not work. The offense began to get competent (not great) once Foles came in; we probably would have won our share of games had the defense kept up the early season performance. From memory, Kendricks was pretty solid those first six games too then was all over the place after that. I'm just not sure how much stock I want to put in their miserable performance once playing in a scheme which was different than they had been playing. I won't shed many tears if any or all of them go if that's what the new coach wants, but I also don't think the historically bad performance we got to see the last two months was purely a result of player talent. Something went rotten in the coaching ranks. Or maybe playing like 5 straight teams coming off their bye really was a bigger deal then we even thought.

The thing is this about the secondary they don't have anyone there. DRC is a free agent, Nmandi is a cancer, is not worth the 15.5 mill they are scheduled to pay him and he will be gone. Curtis Marsh has shown zero in the two years he has been here and is part of the Dysmal 2011 draft,he won't be counted on. Boykin is the only player who played well enough in the secondary but he is a nickel corner

Not to mention we have no one who can play safety on this team.

The big difference between the offensive line and the secondary is the offensive preformed poorly because they were decimated by injurys and lacked depth. The Secondary preformed poorly because they lacked talent. Both need to be addressed, but the secondary has to be 1, 1a, 2 and 2a in my mind.

Comment

There are not elite locks in this draft. Its a poor draft trust me I have been studying this.

BTW best player at 4 won't be Joeckel it will be Manti T'eo but we won't take him because we don't take linebackers in round 1.

Also let me be clear on Milliner, he is the best fit for this team, I believe he is better than Maurice Claiborne who went six last year. I also think we could deal back a few spots pick up another pick and still get Milliner, I have him in the 5-8 range.
                                * I have not been studying it but I would think Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei, Luke Joeckel and Damontre Moore all seem like pro bowl talents. Perhaps Milliner is better than I think. I'll respect your perspective here.

Whatever we decided to do - we can't whiff on this pick. We need a pro bowler.
                                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                                Playoff Appearances:
                                NFC Title Games:
                                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                                X