The Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wire

I just ordered season 1 on dvd. I've seen all three seasons of course but I'm revisiting my buddies in the towers.

This is such a great show that I hope you guys are all watching it. Entourage is a funny, guilty please. The Wire is the best show on TV.

My favorite HBO show even beyond the Sopranos....they just got it dead accurate and the I love the characters they developed...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Myself, I can't wait for Entourage on Sunday....that show is comedic gold and might have the best celeb cameos EVER.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
        Myself, I can't wait for Entourage on Sunday....that show is comedic gold and might have the best celeb cameos EVER.
        True dat. Ralph Macchio at the Playboy Mansion was priceless!

Comment

Wasn't playing himself, but the best was Val Kilmer as the Sherpa.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Is there a season 4 coming up ?I just watched season 3 about a month ago.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I heard Season 4 starts in Sept/Oct.

Comment

best show on TV, bar none. Only Deadwood is close.

McNaulty is a great character, of course, but Stringer was the BEST. An ice-cold gangster who tried to transition to the business world but ended up realizing that these sharks are just as nasty as gangsters, except they don't kill you at the end, so you have to suffer.
                Huge Tiny Mistake

Comment

I'm just finishing season 2, but Stringer is by far the best actor and character on the show. I heard by accident that he gets killed, just as I was getting over that he had D'Angelo whacked.
                  I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

I'm watching Season 1 on HBO OnDemand. I'm through the first 8 episodes. Terrific show. It's just so great how patient they are with the story line. You barely inch forward in an episode, but so much still happens.

Comment

I always recommend it to people but i tell them that they must see it start to finish and that includes seeing season 1 before season 2...

I can't wait for the next season.

Omar might be my favorite character. Have you ever seen a character like that on tv before? A homothug who plays by a set of rules. "don't get me wrong...I've done a lot of dirt.. but I ain't never put no gun on a citizen."

Comment

The only character I just can't stand is Deangelo. I just hate the actor. He reminds me of Palmer's son on 24.

The first time I was really paying attention to Omar, I was like, "What's going on here? Is he petting that guy?"

I'm just at the point now where they are really developing Stringer. McNulty just followed him to the Intro to Macroeconomics class at the community college. Awesome character.

Comment

Omar is one of my favs too...

I also love Bunk, Lt. Daniels, Bodie, Greggs and of course McNulty...
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

You heard? Omar is a great character.

I hate Herc's character, just because he's so true to life, we all know that guy. Love him or hate him.
                            I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
                              You heard? Omar is a great character.

I hate Herc's character, just because he's so true to life, we all know that guy. Love him or hate him.
                              And then he played exactly the same type of character on Entourage!

Comment

Working...
                              X