Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this team going to win on offense this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this team going to win on offense this year?

Three hits to the d, at positions where JJ can least afford to lose guys to run his defense properly -- edge-rushing DE and cover corner.

If Hood and Sheppard are down for the count, it's going to be on McNabb to put up 30 a game. I think he can do it, but they can't get lethargic like yesterday. fortunately or unfortunately, they have this very painful burr in the ass to remind them going forward.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

the answer is yes

However, it sure would be nice to have Hood and Lito back for the Dallas game.

we can do without them for the next two

Comment

What worries me about this is that I expect Big Red to go back to the throw-throw-throw offense because he's going to lean on McNabb.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

We can least afford to lose a guy at DE? Don't the Eagles have 5 of these guys on the roster? The Eagles will be fine at DE. The CB position is the concern. Those guys will be back though. I think the Eagles will be ok, as long as Lito and Hood don't miss more than 4 weeks each, and when they return, they are 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by erik
          We can least afford to lose a guy at DE? Don't the Eagles have 5 of these guys on the roster? The Eagles will be fine at DE. The CB position is the concern. Those guys will be back though. I think the Eagles will be ok, as long as Lito and Hood don't miss more than 4 weeks each, and when they return, they are 100%.
          no team can afford to lose playmakers on either side of the ball. Jevon Kearse is a playmaker at a position of critical importance in a JJ defense. his very presence opens things up along the rest of the line.

JJ has said he's not going to move Cole or Howard over, so the two best DE's will be splitting time at one spot. that makes the other DE position one being manned by Thomas and McDougle. that's a big step down, IMO.

Comment

JJ has said he's not going to move Cole or Howard over, so the two best DE's will be splitting time at one spot. that makes the other DE position one being manned by Thomas and McDougle. that's a big step down, IMO.
            That might be true but does anyone here really know what McDougle will bring to the table? He had a great camp, looked fast and then broke his ribs. I'm not saying he's Kearse, but he may be a force. We just don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy
              That might be true but does anyone here really know what McDougle will bring to the table? He had a great camp, looked fast and then broke his ribs. I'm not saying he's Kearse, but he may be a force. We just don't know.
              hey, i think it's nice that they've got a talent like mcdougle ready to step in. i hope he steps up.

but kearse is still a huge loss. he's a jerome brown-like presence -- a great player who seems to fill up a room and can be an inspiring force.

he is the best player on the defense -- sorry, dawk and trotter lovers (myself included). when manning started getting into a groove in the 4th quarter, who did JJ start moving around to put him in a position to make a game-changing play? Kearse.

Comment

When healthy, McDougle can fly off the ball. Remember the Monday night game vs. Minny is 2004. He was a beast that night.

And I saw that burst this camp. The Celveland preseason game he flew past the OT for a sack.

he has always been a good run defender.

I like Mac. He is a true luxury. There are 31 other teams that would like him as their 4th DE.

The loss of Kearse hurts the Joker role more than anything. I think people will be surprised at how little the dropoff will be in the pass rush without JK. Its no knock on JK, its priase and belief in the talent of the other 4 DE's now in the rotation.

Comment

It's nice to hear you say that JRJ. Most of us have not had a chance to really see McDougle. I hope is can step up. After all, he was a 1st round pick.

I am concerned about us losing the mental edge without JK. He seemed to draw a lot of attention.

Comment

If McDougle can stay healthy we will be fine there. If We can get Lito back before Dallas, we should be okay there, just need to put our hands over the wound to stop the bleeding and get through what should be two easy games.
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                      no team can afford to lose playmakers on either side of the ball. Jevon Kearse is a playmaker at a position of critical importance in a JJ defense. his very presence opens things up along the rest of the line.

Obviously losing a Jevon Kearse is no picnic, but it is easily the deepest position on the team (I'm talking the whole DLine). If someone said, if you lose a guy for the year, what position do you want it to be, I'd say the D line. I have a lot of faith in the rest of the guys. Hopefully Jerome and the rest of the line steps to the plate.

Now, the CB position, totally different beast. And we need Lito and Hood back soon, and one of them needs to be back for that Dallas game especially if TO is going to play, and I expect he will.

Comment

Working...
                      X