Mending The Eagle Nation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mending The Eagle Nation...

After yesterday's traumatizing loss, there are several things necessary to begin rehab and put this team and Eagle fans back to where they were prior to the game.

First, obviously the Birds can't get to next Sunday's game fast enough. Putting separation between you and trauma is the immediate step required to avoid dwelling and allowing infection to set in. A solid 4 Qtrs of football and a win in San Fran, would be the perfect elixir to the Eagles' condition. Followed up with a "chaser" at home against Green Bay in front of a national audience on MNF and the Birds will have reduced the fever and eliminated the nausea.

Second, like any elixir, it's only short-term relief from what truly ails this team. Can't just treat the symptoms, must address the cause. That is, the woes of the NFC East. The game against Dallas will be the first chance to truly begin dissolving the rival ADS (anxiety depression syndrome). A convincing win against the dispised Cowboys and tormentor Terrel Owens would put the Eagles back on their feet and in a positive frame of mind.

Third, as the middle portion of the schedule plays out, the Birds must show no signs of complacency. Time away from home with a couple of visits to NFC South opponents should keep them sober. The Saints are literally playing for their home and the Bucs may be a desperate wounded animal by then. Followed up by a physical Jaguar team, the Eagles reach the break. They don't have to necessarily win every game, but they DO need to get to the mid-season bye at no worse than 6-2.

Fourth, now comes the hard part. After all the rehab, all the counseling, after all the sacrifice, it's time for the recovering addict to face his demons. Forget about those tough games with Indy and Carolina, not until the Eagles successfully go through Washington twice and win the re-match against the Giants will the Eagles and their fans know their ailment is finally in remission. Going 4-2 through this stretch would be very encouraging and redeeming.

After that, keep the house clean with no worse than a 1-1 split against Dallas and Atlanta the final two weeks of the regular season and we are fully healthy and rewarded a playoff berth.

Come the playoffs, no holds barred and anything goes...

This week is going to be the hard part. A couple games from now, this will be a distant memory.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
      This week is going to be the hard part.
      Nope. Getting through the week will be trying, but not the biggest hurdle this season.

A couple games from now, this will be a distant memory.
      Again, I disagree. This "memory" will be vivid right up until the re-match with the Giants. The Birds need to win at least 3 of those 4 division games (Cowboys, Redskins, Redskins, Giants) with the Giants game a must...

Comment

only two things combined will mend it

Eagles keep winning, rest of the division keeps losing

that's it!

Comment

To me, the most disturbing thing about Sunday is the confidence and momentum it should give the Giants who could go on a streak because of it.

I think it's safe to say that the Eagles are just not as good as we are used to supporting prior to last season. A contender doeasn't lose that game Sunday. You could say it was just one of those things but let's face it, the Eagles of two years ago would have never lost the way they did Sunday.

I'm strongly encouraged by Mcnabb ... I thought he played very well and Mac will keep the team in every game.

Comment

The talking heads will chatter on about "momentum" and "new confidence" and "Eli steppingup." Thats what you say when you otherwise don't know how to describe what goes on.

The Giants will win this year if they are good enough. From the coaches to the players. From what I've seen so far, they aren't on the level of the Eagles. I don't care about who "won." They needed a miracle and got it. They will come "back to the mean" next time, and throughout the year, on the luck thing.

Can we stop Tiki? yes, showed it.

And still handle Shockey? Yup.

Can NY block our front 4? Nope.

Can our OL handle Osi and Gappy and the Giant front 4? Yes, easily.

Can we throw at will against the Giants secondary? Yes.

Can we run on NY? No.

Did Eli throw the ball up for grabs and panic under a rush? Well, despite WFAN and the NY rags, he DID chuck and duck, but in the perfect red and blue strom that was Sunday, he didn't pay for it.

Comment

Working...
            X