Absence of Holding calls on Gnats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absence of Holding calls on Gnats

This is not meant to excuse the loss...it was inexcusable. Betweeen player blunders, bonehead coaching decisions, and absolutely eerie bounces on the 3 Gnat fumbles, there is no need to get into a game of "Blame the Officials".

But I'm hoping for some input on this issue. I can't look at my tape of the game, because it fell victim to Mr Sledge Hammer. I don't think I could bring myself to look at it even if I hadn't smashed it.

Here's the issue: While the Gnats were flaged 2 or 3 times for holding on running plays, I don't believe they were penalized once for holding on pass plays. Aikman commented at least once on a obvious hold that wasn't called on NY, and while I was not focusing on it , I saw at least 3 BLATANT uncalled holds that were out in the open and could not have been missed.

The zebras showed no hesitance to through the flag on either team all day, so why no holding calls? I know lots of holding is let go, but this was so OVER THE TOP that I'm really asking myself, WTF was going on with the officials. I don't buy fixes, favoritism or conspiracys. Could it be that the Bird pass rush was so DEVASTATING for the first 3 quarters that, intentionally or not, the officials were letting shit go in order to keep Manning from getting killed. BTW, can anyone other than the ref call holding on pass plays?

I would appreciate some input from anyone who has a "take" on this issue.

Darwin Walker got held on almost every pass play.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

the holding was unbelievable.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

The Giants offensive line didn't suddenly get better in the 4th quarter of the game, they started to use a new technique, its call let the guy get by you, then clutch and grab him and hold him because the officals would not make the call.

I am not going to blame the officals for the loss but right from the get go they had a New York Bias. Not only was our kicker assaulted on the Giants sideline and no flags were thrown it was CLEAR that he was blocked from behind by Brandon Jacobs into the coach on the sideline. Then a player I believe it was Pedigrew who was not in on the play and was not on the field assaulted Akers. Pedigrew should have been throw out of the game, Jacobs should have been flagged for both a block in the back and for unessesary roughness.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Agreed. The officiating was horrible.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

What about the call of holding itself, on pass plays? Can officials OTHER than the Referee make that call.

Comment

LOL in many cases the DL beat the Jint OL so clean the refs probably felt there COULDN'T be a hold. I'm not kidding.

Comment

Working...
              X