Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Les Bowen is becoming one of my fav's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
    Originally posted by stevemc
    I don't blame the loss on McNabb. I said it was not what you want to see out of a leader and he helped anger the other team and inspire them when they were all but dead. It was not a smart move. There's a difference between smiling at the defense and show boating a fake snap at the line.
    Not to be argumentative, but when other QBs do the head bob and get called for a false start, is that acceptable because they're not smiling at the time? Because that's in essence what he did, no?
    It's all about context. Do you really think that Antonio Pierce was going to jump offsides from about two yards behind the line of scrimmage due to Donovan's actions? Plus it was 1st and 10 from their own 30 or whatever. It was not 4th and 3 from midfield where you might try to draw to other team offsides with a hard count.

Comment

Not to be argumentative, but when other QBs do the head bob and get called for a false start, is that acceptable because they're not smiling at the time? Because that's in essence what he did, no?
      I don't find it argumentative. No - it's not the same. I equate it to this - do you find a difference between a Dwayne Wade juke at the top of the key to lose a defender vs. when Iverson or Kobe drops their mouth, opens their eyes wide open and puts that stupid "are you looking at my face because I'm about to blow by you" look on? There is a difference between a Manning hard "hut" at the line and that crap that McNabb pulled.

Again - McNabb looked fantastic and he's played himself into the ranks of a top 5 QB in the league once again - it was just a poor decision at an inopportune time. I'm not letting him have a pass on this one. Just like I don't give Trent Cole a pass on kicking someone in the nuts even though he had two sacks and looks like a world beater. Everyone is at fault.

Comment

Fair enough Steve.

Comment

It was stupid, and I'll bet you that he never does that again.

Now......back to the article. I think Bowen is spot on in not giving the Gints credit for this thing. He pokes fun at the Eli "myth-spinners", puth themselves in position toe get kicked in teh crotch...Good Stuff. The Giants did nothing admirable to claim victory here on Sunday. And the whole "Gotta give credit to the other team, they get paid too" mantra just don't wash. Good piece, and the second really good article he's put out in a few weeks. Anyone know Bowen's history?
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            Anyone know Bowen's history?
            He was the Flyers beat writer for years before switching to the Eagles and taking over for Marcus Hayes' pathetic ass. He was covering the Flyers for as far back as i can remember. Good writer, also good on DNL. Not all that photogenic and doesn't shoot his mouth off like an SAS so he doesn't get noticed all that much.

Comment

Thanks Swing. Anybody gaot any reason to dislike the guy, or has his rep been pretty good?
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

lol Fresh, i think you're safe in liking the guy. He's always been one of the more level-headed talking heads on TV and w/ his writing. I've never heard anything negative about him i don't think.

Comment

lol Fresh, i think you're safe in liking the guy. He's always been one of the more level-headed talking heads on TV and w/ his writing. I've never heard anything negative about him i don't think.
                  agreed - he's about as objective as you can get in Philly.

Comment

Cool. I just wondered if I had actually found a Philly area journalist that was worth a shit. Maybe so.
                    And Swing, DON'T LAUGH AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    (It's not my fault I'm this way...)

Comment

Working...
                    X