Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No I Don't Want Antonio Brown !!!!

we have enough talent and zero headaches
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I’d kick the tires. A.B. could take this offense to elite level. I would only do a one year contract, however, because the team would need to protect itself. I trust Doug to figure out whether he can work with A.B., so would leave up to him either way.

On a related note, I am disappointed we did not get Clowney. I suspect before long we will be complaining about absence of pass rush. We lost a lot in Bennett and Long.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

For the first time in my history of the Eagles, we have one of the better receiving corps in the league.

Gone are the days of Torrance Small, James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Reggie Brown, Freddie Mitchell etc
      Last edited by WCPhan; 09-07-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Jerrah and Little Danny Snyder racing to beat each other to the phone.

Comment

And..just like that he signs with the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
            And..just like that he signs with the Patriots.
            On one hand, even with Belechik's history of signing guys who have presented problem behavior, this surprises me because Brown's behavior has been so much more over-the-top than some of the other risky signings BB has made...Moss, Chad Johnson, Corey Dillon.

On the other hand, is this another one of sneaky Bill's orchestrated moves? "Antonio. You force them to release you and we'll ride in and sign you to a real winner...with a fat check!"

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              On one hand, even with Belechik's history of signing guys who have presented problem behavior, this surprises me because Brown's behavior has been so much more over-the-top than some of the other risky signings BB has made...Moss, Chad Johnson, Corey Dillon.

On the other hand, is this another one of sneaky Bill's orchestrated moves? "Antonio. You force them to release you and we'll ride in and sign you to a real winner...with a fat check!"
              The thought more than crossed my mind, esp given how quickly this unfolded. But would AB really leave $20m guaranteed on the table? Dunno...
              Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Between AB, Josh Gordonand Edelman they could have an All-World Receiving Corp or a nightmare in wait.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Antonio Brown appears to take swipe at Derek Carr, tweets creepy quote
                  Sep
                  9/8/2019 8:05:57 AM
                  |More
                  Antonio Brown was released by the Oakland Raiders on Saturday morning, and the All-Pro receiver couldn't help but leave some apparent messages for his old team on Twitter just before it was reported that he will sign with the New England Patriots, Eric Ting of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

After his release from the Raiders, Brown sent a tweet with just the words "Bumper Carrs," an apparent dig at quarterback Derek Carr and his older brother David, who currently works for NFL Network.

The elder Carr said on TV prior to Brown's release that Derek told him the Raiders were planning on playing without Brown. In addition, David Carr took to Twitter to criticize Brown and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

After the "Bumper Carrs" tweet, Brown decided to tweet the slightly unsettling quote, "The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth."

The receiver completed his tweet storm with an image of him photoshopped wearing a Patriots uniform.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I hope this ass hat is out of football by the middle of the season and in a mental ward where he belongs.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I hoping for a blown out knee as he walks up to the press conference tomorrow.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'm guessing/hoping the frostbite thing and the helmet thing were genuine, but I suspect everything after that was Rosenhaus orchestration, since he obviously knew he had that Patriots offer available. No way you walk away from that much guaranteed money unless you know you can get it back.

It's possible the offer was mostly done back when Rosenhaus was shopping around for a trade, but no way would the Steelers trade him to the Patriots, so they had to find another way to get there if that is the team he really wanted to go to. Doing pushups in the driveway would have been too obvious, but playing "AB is crazy" has plenty of other ways. I mean, he had guys filming him, editing videos to post, etc. etc. Sure seemed like the TO playbook all over again, and the same agent.

Comment

Fuck Brown. I would not be surprised this was all orchestrated. Why not shop around for the best deal? Since he does seem to be all about the money. This stinks.

Comment

Working...
                          X