Kaeperdick was afraid to show how much he sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaeperdick was afraid to show how much he sucks

Like anybody was going to pay that stiff that kind of money.

Report: Colin Kaepernick wanted $20 million or more to consider playing with AAF
    Feb
    2/14/2019 8:20:00 PM
    |More
    A person with knowledge of the conversation tells the Associated Press that the new Alliance of American Football spoke with Colin Kaepernick during its development about joining the league.

But Kaepernick wanted $20 million or more to consider playing with the league that had its debut last weekend.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity Thursday because neither side has publicly acknowledged such talks.

The Alliance says its mission is to provide opportunities for players not in the NFL to continue their careers, with a possibility they could entice NFL teams to sign them once the AAF season concludes at the end of April. The league also approached Tim Tebow, who said he wanted to continue pursuing his baseball career. Tebow currently is in the New York Mets' spring training camp.

A message from the AP to Kaepernick's representatives was not immediately answered.

Kaepernick, then with the San Francisco 49ers, helped start a wave of protests about social and racial injustice in 2016 by kneeling during the national anthem at games. He has not played the last two seasons and has brought a lawsuit against the NFL for collusion to keep him out of the league.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

This guy is such a tool.

Comment

This may be accurate and it really doesn't matter one iota to me but it doesn't sound right. First, you are right in wondering who in the world is going to give him 20 million so I can't believe he would legitimately be asking for that; especially from a startup league. Second the para says the AAF spoke with him about joining the league. Wouldn't you think it would be a team or team owner or something who spoke with him. Not sure why the league would speak to him about playing. Third, he just settled with the NFL somehow about collusion or something so maybe parts of stories got balled up to come up with this nonsense.
      Maybe I am wrong but that story just doesn't seem right in my mind. But he is an idjit so maybe
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

He is soooooooo yesterday--- and the NFL did what it always does---- $$$$$$$$$$ makes everything better!

Comment

I don't even know if you can call him a has been, one or 2 average seasons makes him more of a never was. The sorry piece of shit never tried to make his game any better . The league saw his style, which was not much more than running around till someone popped open and chucking it up or taking off and running. Now it's somehow collusion when no one wants to hire a mediocre, non evolving piece of shit. He's now the poster child for what the world has become. Freeloaders
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Kap’s yesterday’s news. “Never was” is right.

If he really wanted to just play football already then he should’ve taken whatever the AAF would’ve offered him. But $20M for a guy who hasn’t played in two years? Give me a break. That’s just greed.

Nike tried to paint him like he’s a hero, and I did respect his “taking a knee” stance...until I found out he didn’t even vote in the last election. If you don’t even vote, you’re saying you don’t care. Kap might’ve inspired other players like Malcolm Jenkins, but I respect Jenkins a lot more than Kap.

Somebody will sign him, and he probably has a couple of good years left. But unless he signs up with a coach who’s a real QB Whisperer, I doubt we’ll hear his name much.
            Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 02-16-2019, 03:48 PM.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Rumor is NFL paid him 40-60 million to settle the collusion law suit!
              Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                Rumor is NFL paid him 40-60 million to settle the collusion law suit!
                That’s absurd but if that’s what he got, then he must’ve had the NFL dead to rights on collusion

Comment

society rewards mediocrity, simple as that. Plus from his 2 decent years he got a shoe deal and a poster, so he must be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    society rewards mediocrity, simple as that. Plus from his 2 decent years he got a shoe deal and a poster, so he must be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
                    I haven't seen him kiss his biceps lately. I wouldn't even let that POS kiss my ass.

Comment

If I saw him in public I would drop him, be worth the assault charge. If there were any witnesses

Comment

Wait a minute - the reason some NFL owners wouldn’t sign Kapernick, is that they were basically “bending the knee” for the President? Sheesh. This story gets worse and worse. The President has better things to do with his time than pressure NFL owners.
                        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                          That’s absurd but if that’s what he got, then he must’ve had the NFL dead to rights on collusion
                          I think that professional sports leagues are afraid of that word WC and are trying to just have him fade away and he has (who knows for how long though). Maybe part of the deal was that he uses the money for something good but I doubt it). I can't ever remember such a marginal player make so much noise. The funny thing about the whole fiasco is that his teammates couldn't stand the guy before he started this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            I think that professional sports leagues are afraid of that word WC and are trying to just have him fade away and he has (who knows for how long though). Maybe part of the deal was that he uses the money for something good but I doubt it). I can't ever remember such a marginal player make so much noise. The funny thing about the whole fiasco is that his teammates couldn't stand the guy before he started this crap.
                            I’m pretty sure that if the NFL is found guilty of collusion, not only would Kaepernicks lawsuit be worth hundreds of millions, but there would be a line of other lawsuits out the door.

When I said absurd I was referring to the dollar figure paid as hush money.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                              I’m pretty sure that if the NFL is found guilty of collusion, not only would Kaepernicks lawsuit be worth hundreds of millions, but there would be a line of other lawsuits out the door.

When I said absurd I was referring to the dollar figure paid as hush money.

I agree that he most likely would have won WC. I really don't think that was the story though. Some teams talked to him but didn't hire him because of his fucked up attitude. After all, he opted out of his SF contract for $9 million. It was quite apparent that he didn't want to be a backup and was more interested in media attention. Hell Ray Lewis went out on a limb for him when Flacco was hurt in the preseason and Baltimore brought Kaperdick in and he totally blew the interview.

Well he finally won his agenda and let's just hope that he fades into the sunset.

Comment

Working...
                              X