• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaperdick-What are the odds?

Kaepernick interested in Dolphins' open QB job
    Mar
    3/15/2019 6:11:48 PM
    |More
    A month after resolving his collusion grievance against the NFL, Colin Kaepernick may have found his best chance at returning to the league yet -- at least in theory, Cody Benjamin of CBS Sports reports.

According to CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La theCanfora, the former San Francisco 49ers star is interested in filling Miami Dolphins' vacant quarterback job following the team's trade of Ryan Tannehill on Friday.

"He's training hard and ready to play," a source close to Kaepernick told La Canfora.

The former Niners starter, who led San Francisco to Super Bowl XLVII, has not taken a snap in the NFL since the 2016 season, when he first began kneeling during pre-game national anthems in protest of police brutality and racial injustice.

After dealing Tannehill to the Tennessee Titans on Friday, the Dolphins have just Jake Rudock and Luke Falk on their depth chart. It remains to be seen whether they would have any interest in a veteran, however, even after reportedly attempting to land New Orleans Saints backup Teddy Bridgewater. It was reported earlier this offseason that Miami intends to take an "organic tanking" approach to the 2019 season.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg
    Zero chance he signs with them
    44.44%
    He gets an interview but doesn't sign
    33.33%
    Is the backup qb
    11.11%
    Becomes their starter
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I think they’re picking one in the draft but Florida probably isn’t the spot to be a social justice warrior

Comment

I hope he becomes their starter, get's his fucking head caved in and shows the NFL how fucking stupid they were for paying him off.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        I hope he becomes their starter, get's his fucking head caved in and shows the NFL how fucking stupid they were for paying him off.
        I'd say about half of the country agrees with you.

Comment

He’ll sign as a backup. No way he starts after two years removed from playing. The team would need to be truly desperate.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I think that he'll get a little lip service and that's it. If a team does sign him the NFL would be wise to tell the networks that carry his games to not follow him around all game long.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I think that he'll get a little lip service and that's it. If a team does sign him the NFL would be wise to tell the networks that carry his games to not follow him around all game long.
              I think he’ll be fine until he plays in front of some crowds who don’t appreciate his stance and then he’ll get booed

Comment

LOL The Dolphins signed Ryan Fitzpatrick. I think Kap should take a knee in protest of this decision.

Comment

Didn’t even get a sniff. He just doesn’t get it. Actually he never did now that I think about it. He was never a very liked guy anyway. Never even close to what he thought he was. Seeya asswhipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    LOL The Dolphins signed Ryan Fitzpatrick. I think Kap should take a knee in protest of this decision.
                    Well done

Comment

At this rate he’ll be lucky if he gets a gig in the Canadian Football League
                      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                      X