Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudfeld Broke his wrist

Surgery tomorrow
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

You have got to be kidding me

Time to look for other options. Thorson should come nowhere near an NFL field this season and Kessler won't win many games.

NOTE: It is his non-throwing arm. So, that's a relief.

Comment

Wasn't watching the game but I believe he was injured on a play where the Tenn player was called for roughing. Did anyone who saw the play regard the hit as a cheap shot?

Comment

Clayton Thorson’s final stat line:

2/9, 7 yards, 0.8 avg, 0 TD, 1 INT, 0.0 passer rating.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

it wasn't anything crazy, just fell awkwardly. He fell on his butt with both hands behind him and they both bent back
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Well that Sucks! Time to see who else is out there I Suppose. Anybody want to throw some Decent QB Names out there?
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Foles
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Thorson had been very impressive in camp. He left observers with the clear impression that he was awful.

Comment

I know it was only a preseason game in which the birds barely played any starters at all but:

Thorson looks completely lost. Too early to cut a draft pick but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Adams was fine after we lost RB after RB to injury but to have him on the opening day roster would be a mistake. He is practice squad talent at best.

Smallwood's time is up.

Beyond Ertz and Goedert, our TEs are unremarkable.

Comment

Eagles had several players injured last night on late hits and cheap shots. Ridgeway was hurt on a helmet to his knee on a chop block, Kessler was also hurt on a late shot to the QB.

This is why teams are getting further and further away from putting starters on the field in preseason. Guys trying to make a names for themselves that take borderline and sometimes illegal hits.

BTW the Eagles took a couple of those yesterday to.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

All is not lost. Kessler isn't a bad backup and Thorson will get more time in camp. Suds will be back by Columbus day in good shape. If we lose Wentz that early we're screwed anyway. No other team in the world had a backup as good as Nick.

Comment

We aren't going to need any of those guys!! Wentz is due to stay healthy the whole season and has put in the work in the offseason to stay healthy.

And it is my understanding that Sudfield's injury is NOT season ending. He should be available by the middle of the year.

All is NOT lost.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

As soon as the cuts start coming, I think we dump Thorson and pick up another young QB off someone's practice squad. Thorson is just awful. Rookies are going to make mistakes, but also show some flashes at least. This guy has shown NOTHING and we are just wasting time with him (5th rounder...ouch).

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                            As soon as the cuts start coming, I think we dump Thorson and pick up another young QB off someone's practice squad. Thorson is just awful. Rookies are going to make mistakes, but also show some flashes at least. This guy has shown NOTHING and we are just wasting time with him (5th rounder...ouch).
                            This sounds so bad that I might just forget about watching the replay tomorrow. Actually I want to watch Pryor but everybody thought that he bombed out last night. Not good!! I want to see Singleton too. I didn't read anything about him but I saw his name in a box score and it calmed that he forced 2 fumbles and recovered one of them. The word out of camp is that he's had a couple of big hits so far and put the wood on a bunch of players in Canada where he was defensive player of the year.

Comment

Worthless fake phoney exhibition money-grabbing games----

Comment

Working...
                              X