WE MUST BEAT THE GIANTS...NO EXCEPTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE MUST BEAT THE GIANTS...NO EXCEPTIONS

This game is as close to a must win game for the Eagles that they have had in a few years. This game is big on so many levels I can't even explain it.

1. I hate the Giants, but more importantly I hate the Giant fans more. An Eagle win would make them look foolish

2. I don't like that many people outside of Philly are giving the Eagles a chance. There are some, but people make it seem like the Giants are going to roll over us.

3. We would be 2-0 and the Giants would be be 0-2.

4. If we beat the Giants people can't say well it was only the Giants like they say about the Texans.

5. If the Eagles lose I will not be as confident about the rest of the year. Simply put. The Eagles must win. Losing isn't an option. They have to show the nation that things are back to normalcy and the Eagles are the class of the NFC East as well as the NFC.

This is no where near a must-win game. But it will be very satisfying if they win. And it definitely brings them one-step closer to winning the division.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
      This is no where near a must-win game. But it will be very satisfying if they win. And it definitely brings them one-step closer to winning the division.
      I know it's not a must win, but it's close to prove to everyone that the Eagles are back on top. If they lose then maybe the Eagles aren't back. This has to be a statement game.

Comment

I think your overvaluing it by looking at it from the fan perspective. From the team's perspective it is no important than any other division game.

But hey, that's just my

Comment

It is, dare I say, a statement game....

Hope our swagger wins it for us...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

THIS GAME IS GINORMOUS PLAIN AND SIMPLE. I never say a game is a must win game until it actually is a must win game. The 2nd game of the season is never a must win game, but this game has huge implications. It is more than a statement game. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THIS GAME IS GINORMOUS. A lose could mean just mediocrity for the Eagles. This just can't happen.

Comment

Comment

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

because of last year's 0-6 record in the division, i agree.
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Agree as well. Maybe it's from living up here, but losing to the Giants is not an option.

These games are always close, but I don't think the Giants are the same team outside of East Rutherford. Playing up there may be more difficult.

But, like L said, this is a statement game, and a chance to give the league a nice glass of STFU

Comment

Giants fans are a bunch of fucktards.

Comment

statement game yes
                        must win no

what if we lose 27-24, and in week 3 eli or tiki tears their acl?
                        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Anyone catch that editorial "written" by Shockey in last week's NY Toast (aka Post)?

I saw it on the LIRR train where so many copies of the vile Toast are abandoned in any given day, and I couldn't resist at least tearing out the back page with the gigantic picture of what by now should be called the "Shockey Finger Point" so I had something to throw darts at in my office at work.

Man how I hate that motherfucker.

Comment

It's funny how Giants fans hate Trotter as much as we hate Shockey and we love Trotter as much as they love Shockey.

I would hate rooting for that fuck.

Comment

It's Skins fans that hate Trotter. He never played to his potential there, comes back toPhilly and is back in the Pro Bowl. The Skins fans I know have them on their most hated list.

As for the importance of this game, I agre. I'll give ya teh GINORMOUS. Not a must win by any means, as a lot can happen over the course of a season, and really, all we have to do is make it to the playoffs. But after last year, going 0-6 in the division, we NEED a win here. Badly. I think it will be great for the teams' mindset.
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                              X