Sixers Trending UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers Trending UP

The addition of Brewer is really interesting. He teamed up with McConnell last night to take Harden out of his game. They blew out Houston without Jimmy Butler. They are playing some defense and running the floor . I'm no basketball junkie, but as a fan of all things Philly, I'm digging their success.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

They are fun to watch. Nice coast to coast win against the Lakers. Tonight is another story. I'd probably rest Embiid again against the Warriors.

Comment

I went to bed at half but that win last night was impressive.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I ducked out at halftime too. Didn't think they had a prayer of winning. Simmons is really figuring things out. They beat GS on an 11 game win streak at home with poor shooting from Embiid & Butler. That's a really encouraging win.

They are 6-2 in what everyone characterized as a brutal 13 game stretch. One of those losses they sat Embiid and Butler. If they can shore up a couple of roster spots, this team could really go places this year.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
          I ducked out at halftime too. Didn't think they had a prayer of winning. Simmons is really figuring things out. They beat GS on an 11 game win streak at home with poor shooting from Embiid & Butler. That's a really encouraging win.

They are 6-2 in what everyone characterized as a brutal 13 game stretch. One of those losses they sat Embiid and Butler. If they can shore up a couple of roster spots, this team could really go places this year.
          Redick was shooting for shit too until he stuck the final dagger in their heart. I don't know how many people would agree, but I wouldn't go crazy in the trade market. Bolden is getting some good schooling, Shamet is getting better all around, and Brown is doing new things to get mismatches on the court. They all played some pretty good defense last night.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

They still need another knock down shooter. With Chandler out 2-3 weeks now, they need some added depth. Redick sat out the other night as well and they had no scoring options outside of the big 3.

Comment

Between the Sixers and the Phils things are rockin
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                They still need another knock down shooter. With Chandler out 2-3 weeks now, they need some added depth. Redick sat out the other night as well and they had no scoring options outside of the big 3.
                Consider it DONE! Tobias Harris fills so many needs for the team in one acquisition. I'm really jazzed about where the Sixers are at this point.

Yes, I'm sad to see the Fultz experiment over but they cut their losses and actually got some value back in return. The Process was always about maximizing your chances of selecting and developing players. Fultz and Okafor were big misses but I think that's to be expected with the process. Colangelo really played the Fultz acquisition poorly and set us back but we move on. We can legitimately win the East this year now. It's a matter of whether Brett can get these players to mesh in a short time.

Comment

The NBA needs to have a combine and weigh the hearts and balls of the players. I swear the NBA more than any league is full of wimps

Comment

No pro sport has bastardized the game more than Basketball, IMHO. I'm not sure why anybody watches anymore--- until the last month of the season.

As for the Sixers--- who knows how this will all work out. I hope for the good, but I am still not sure I can ever bring myself to start following anymore than with an occasional passing interest.

Comment

I really enjoy watching a golf match on Sunday afternoon, esp in this weather. It is very relaxing. However, this afternoon I had a very enjoyable and restful time watching the Sixers. A great game to watch. They looked outstanding albeit against the Lakers. Made watching Nova yesterday much easier to take
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Agreed

I was flipping back and forth. Man the Sixers run a lot of athletes out there. I’d keep Harris instead of Butler.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think the inclination is that Harris fits better, he's younger, and more deserving (based on our needs) to be offered a max offer. Alot can happen between now and the end of the season. Let's see how these guys gel. They are really fun to watch right now and it's great to see "The Process" coming to fruition. Enjoy Embiid Sixers fans. We have a dominant player we haven't seen since the days of Iverson in his prime and yet Embiid has a bigger impact.

Comment

Not a huge basketball guy, but I like any sport where a team plays the right way.(except soccer, more boring than golf) These guys are making good crisp passes and find the open guy. Right now they are giving up fewer easy baskets and that can be improved. Once this group gels, they will smoke some people with lots of points off the defense

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1094712585117749248

If you haven't seen Redick's fall away three from yesterday, you are missing out. It's the most athletic move I've seen from a guy who at times looks so unathletic (see above)

Comment

Working...
                              X