Brutal stretch coming up here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal stretch coming up here

Their better play has them to within a game of the 6th seed, which is cool. But they have a rough stretch this week:

Boston
    @Det
    @Chi
    San Antonio
    www.disciplerocks.com

Re: Brutal stretch coming up here

I don't discuss basketball ,because I just don't follow it as closely as Baseball and football. I just wanted to stop by and say that I have been enjoying this Sixers team. The youth, hardwork and fastbreak style has captured my attention. I almost feel bad for Billy King, his project has taken wing.I only wish they could have unloaded AI sooner. I'm looking forward to this stretch of games, let's see just how"for real " this team is.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think they can split that. Chicago is lousy. They are red hot and they can take one of the three tough ones. Let's see.

C'mon Sixers. I'd like to see you rise up and make the playoffs here!
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I think the Sixers will definitely make the playoffs. At this point, I'm just rooting for a high playoff slot since the lottery isn't in the cards. And that's fine. This isn't like last year.

Part of me would love to see us get the 8 seed and upset Boston. That would make my year.

Comment

This team seems quite different from last years model. And their win in Phoenix has me hopeful that they can go 2-2 through these games.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

The Sixers have the same problem the Sun of the past few years had. They are great when they are running and gunning in the fast break, but are subpar in their half court offense. So while they will find some success in the regular season, when the games slow down in the playoff they just won't be able to hang with the better teams.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

That didn't work out too good last night.

0-1
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Like I said, good teams will force them to go to a half court offense, which they just don't have enough of.

Comment

What a great game last night. The guys showed a lot of heart. To win in Auburn Hills is a great feat.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                    What a great game last night. The guys showed a lot of heart. To win in Auburn Hills is a great feat.

no kidding. this team is starting to put some things together. they play with great heart. this is why they traded Iverson -- to build a real team. VFK, you still moaning about trading Iverson?
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I wish I could have seen it. But like you say, a great win. I wish that the Flyers could play with that much heart.
                      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

GO SIXERS!!!! The sellout crowd vs. Boston shows that the fans will come if you get the team playing well.

The Youth movement is working.
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

If they can find someone who can score from the low post and rebound from the 4 position this offseason, they will become instant contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                            If they can find someone who can score from the low post and rebound from the 4 position this offseason, they will become instant contenders.

Call me crazy but I think Thaddeus Young could actually do a lot of this. He seems to be growing into a power forward. He can be utilized in so many ways but I agree - another low post scoring threat would seem to round this out nicely. I was reading this AM how Stefanski has strong ties to Europe and thinks there are a # of players over there that can help out. Be interesting to see if he can pluck some gems out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose

no kidding. this team is starting to put some things together. they play with great heart. this is why they traded Iverson -- to build a real team. VFK, you still moaning about trading Iverson?
                              This the the exact reason why I wanted Iverson gone. The team is playing better and they're so young. Plus, they have enough money to go out and get somebody or work a trade. I am going to be really interested to see what Stefanski will do this summer.

Anyone have a list of the upcoming FA to be?
                              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                              X