X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware County Times: Eagles to trade up to #11 for Albert

From RotoWorld...

Branden Albert-G- Player Apr. 19 - 12:51 pm et

The Delaware County Times believes the Eagles would like to trade up to No. 11 to select Virginia OL Brandon Albert.

The Bills would then select Michigan St. WR Devin Thomas with the No. 19 pick. Philadelphia has 11 draft picks and veteran CB Lito Sheppard to dangle as trade bait, but this particular scenario smacks of idle beat writer musing.

Re: Delaware County Times: Eagles to trade up to #11 for Albert

I suppose it is possible.

But Lito and 8 spots for Albert? Not worth it IMHO

I'd be OK with Albert at 19. But will admit I am not to gaga about another O-Lineman in round 1. He won't even crack the lineup. (unless Runyan or Thomas are going to be retiring)

Comment

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Albert's draft stock is climbing so fast (much like that of WR Devin Thomas) that the only way the Eagles get him is to trade up, from the way it looks now. If they stay at 19, Albert will be scooped up by another team. Maybe even one that would be willing to trade almost everything to leapfrog the Eagles.

Comment

I hated when the Eagles moved up to take Andrews. Hated it! I have to give them credit. An college OL players hard for us casual fans to evaluate. If they move up to take Albert, I'll give them a pass until I see him perform. If he's another Andrews, I'd be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            Well played...
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

It's interesting because if you do a search on this forum for "Albert" you'll find all of the threads with mock-drafts from over the last couple of months. The older ones have him going late-1st round. I think there's one that even has him going late 2nd round. His stock is seriously climbing.

What has me curious is that Reid called out Herremans this off-season.....and now rumors that they are interested in moving up to draft another OG/OT. Where there's smoke there's fire?

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
                It's interesting because if you do a search on this forum for "Albert" you'll find all of the threads with mock-drafts from over the last couple of months. The older ones have him going late-1st round. I think there's one that even has him going late 2nd round. His stock is seriously climbing.

What has me curious is that Reid called out Herremans this off-season.....and now rumors that they are interested in moving up to draft another OG/OT. Where there's smoke there's fire?
                I think the ages of Runyan and Thomas are all the smoke we really need as far as the possibility of going OL in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK

I think the ages of Runyan and Thomas are all the smoke we really need as far as the possibility of going OL in the first round.
                  This is true. But in theory, Andrews can slide out to T, and Jean-Gilles can start in place of Andrews at Guard. They have to hope that Justice is a starting player in the future if not now. So it's not like they don't have capable - albiet inexperienced - bodies if they wanted to go another direction in the 1st round. (Yes, I know, using the word "capable" in the same paragraph as Winston Justice is going way out on a limb after what we saw last year, but I'm willing to give him a mulligan at this point.)

Comment

Originally posted by IMK

This is true. But in theory, Andrews can slide out to T, and Jean-Gilles can start in place of Andrews at Guard. They have to hope that Justice is a starting player in the future if not now. So it's not like they don't have capable - albiet inexperienced - bodies if they wanted to go another direction in the 1st round. (Yes, I know, using the word "capable" in the same paragraph as Winston Justice is going way out on a limb after what we saw last year, but I'm willing to give him a mulligan at this point.)
                    Agree, and Big Red added fuel to this in his interview a few weeks ago where he talked about how his guards could be moved to tackle.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach on Justice -- I still think he can be successful as a RT.
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                      Originally posted by FRESH
                      Well played...

It's the only way I could avoid putting my foot in my mouth......again.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

This would be depressing.
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                          This would be depressing.
                          ...and would only happen if Lito's stock has fallen so far that no teams are making viable offers.

I don't have a problem with the Birds looking to reinforce the O-line, but much of that can be done much later than #11 in Rd. 1 of the draft.

Lito has to be worth more than that, no?

Comment

If Lito can't garner you a 1st round pick - I'm betting he could get you a 2nd or 1st next year. And even you got a second this year - I'd take the additional 2nd round pick and parlay that into a '09 first rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                              If Lito can't garner you a 1st round pick - I'm betting he could get you a 2nd or 1st next year. And even you got a second this year - I'd take the additional 2nd round pick and parlay that into a '09 first rounder.
                              Agreed. I'd love to fleece a desperate team in this year's draft that's not thinking clearly and just HAS to have a certain guy, like Dallas did to Cleveland last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X