Please rate my draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please rate my draft

Me and the guys got together here at the house for our own offline draft. In the past we've always done the auto-pick thing and this was so much better.

Anyway, we had 8 teams and here are my picks by round:

1 Edge
    2 S Smith
    3 Ru Johnson
    4 D Culpepper
    5 C Chambers
    6 J Walker
    7 B West
    8 R Bush
    9 N Burlson
    10 Colts/D
    11 J Addai
    12 L.J. Smith (I hope he stays healthy)
    13 R Brown
    14 L Maroney
    15 S McNair (I think I made a steal here)
    16 J Wilkins

We all work on a nice fair rotation. I had the 7th pick in the first and the rotaion for me was 7th...2nd...3rd....5th. 7....2...3..5th

Hopefully I wont have to worry about another TE anytime soon.
    Im Ready........Im Ready......Im Ready!!!!!!

I'm quite impressed with that team. I think you are going to have a hard time deciding on who to start, with so many good players. McNair was a steal at 15,,,,if they let him pass in the red zone. Bellick normally runs down there, but maybe that was just due to no other choice. Anyway, nice job.
    Pedro

Comment

That league must be crazy. First off, eight teams means everyone's going to have an all star team. But even so, Rudi in the 3rd round? Westy and Bush in the 7th and 8th????? I don't understand how Westbrook and Bush could drop out of the first 50 picks. Who the heck were these people taking? So basically, I have no idea how to rate an 8 team draft. Which I suppose means this whole post is worthless.

I will say this - I am not going anywhere near Edge in the first (or second) round this year. No bloody way. But all your other RB picks look like outstanding value. I myself would have gone a different way with QB and WR, but then again I don't know what your scoring system was or how the other teams were drafting. And don't worry about LJ, I'm sure there are decent TE fliers on your waiver wire like Ben Watson or Ben Troupe.

One more thing - there's a fantasy forum here where you would probably get more response.

Comment

I don't like your QB situation much (very skeptical on Culpepper this year), but the rest of the team is stacked.
        The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

I have to agree that taking James in the first round is a HUGE gamble. The Cards offensive line is terrible. The Colts on the other hand are dominant. I'd be shocked if James posts anything near his old numbers behind that line. In my first league that drafted last week james didn't go until late in the 3rd round in a 12 team league so I'm not the only guy questioning his potential this year.

Also Culpepper is a risky player as well. I've never been a big fan and after having him on a couple of team in the past I think he's highly over rated.

Other than those two players I think you have a great team. Put your squad in a 10-12 team league and you should win it, so the question is what do the other teams look like? You might look great here but without knowing what the other 7 teams look like it's hard to say.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

1 Edge: C+ This is trendy right now but he's not going to be a first round talent this year.

2 S Smith: B+ If healthy he'll have another big year.

3 Ru Johnson: A- Some think this may be a first round player. It all depends how much Carson can be effective to alleviate the pressure.

4 D Culpepper: B He's slipping because he has zero mobility. Can the receivers and he do it thru the air?

5 C Chambers: B The old Tag team approach. Not my favorite duo in the Manning/Wayne mold but not bad.

6 J Walker: B- I have a weird feeling he'll be quite average this year. Next year he may be back.

7 B West: A+ Holycrap. How did this happen? This guy is borderlin 2nd rounder when healthy.

8 R Bush: A+ Again. This dude is a big time player. McCallister gets hurt and he'll be a star.

9 N Burlson: D+ Eh.

10 Colts/D: N/A Eh.

11 J Addai: A- Not a bad gamble.

12 L.J. Smith (I hope he stays healthy): A+ you did great in the latter rounds.

13 R Brown: B Preseason hasn't looked too great for him but who knows?

14 L Maroney: C- Nothing to really lose.

15 S McNair (I think I made a steal here): A+ Steal for sure. He looks great.

16 J Wilkins: N/A Eh.

OVERALL: B+ You nailed some late round picks that can really contribute. I don't like Edgerrin James but who cares? You ended up with Westbrook/Bush/Rudi Johnson otherwise. That's great. Culpepper doesn't excite me but McNair is really a sleeper. You may need another WR. Give it a couple of weeks and try to trade Edgerrin for a top flight WR or two.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Hard to rate a draft without knowing how other teams drafted as well. I hate 8 team leagues cause there is too much talent. Likewise with 12 team drafts where you don't get shit. 10 is the perfect number.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                Hard to rate a draft without knowing how other teams drafted as well. I hate 8 team leagues cause there is too much talent. Likewise with 12 team drafts where you don't get shit. 10 is the perfect number.

I know, I know. The other guys did pretty well. Its all gonna come down to who can stay healthy. I hear ya on James. I was thinking that while the Cards OL may not be the most talented but they are huge. Also having receivers like their top three will make James a serious rushing AND receiving threat. I didnt want S Jackson at that spot and I wasnt touching Barber or Portis. Not in that league anyway.

Now when I draft with the guys here, I may have too. Thanks for peeping my draft fellas. Aint FF great?!
                Im Ready........Im Ready......Im Ready!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                  1 Edge: C+ This is trendy right now but he's not going to be a first round talent this year. [/b]
                  Agreed, the Cards look to have an improved offense, but they ain't the Colts! And knowing the history of the Cards, Edge will shred his knee in the home opener.

Comment

Working...
                  X