No announcement yet.

Shit-maybe chip is nuts-boykin gone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boykin is being replaced by Sheppard who is 1 inch taller than him. What is he on a one year contract then? All 5'11" of Sheppard is going to be the "big people beat up little people" answer?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Hey let's all remember here that Boykin made it very clear that he was NOT a happy camper when he and Chip talked earlier and he was told he was not gonna start on the outside.
      So he is now unhappy and how does Chip deal with unhappy people that don't or won't buy into his "Culture" ---- he moves on.

Bottom line is that HE is the one that gets judged on this thing, not Boykin. If this is the way he wants, and he gets the people he wants then it's all on him and he will either be a hero or a goat--- but since it's all on him --- it's the way he is going to roll.

He doesn't care what the media thinks, what Boykin thinks.... what we think --- not even sure if he cares what Lurie thinks ---- cause this is All on him.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        Hey let's all remember here that Boykin made it very clear that he was NOT a happy camper when he and Chip talked earlier and he was told he was not gonna start on the outside.
        So he is now unhappy and how does Chip deal with unhappy people that don't or won't buy into his "Culture" ---- he moves on.

Bottom line is that HE is the one that gets judged on this thing, not Boykin. If this is the way he wants, and he gets the people he wants then it's all on him and he will either be a hero or a goat--- but since it's all on him --- it's the way he is going to roll.

He doesn't care what the media thinks, what Boykin thinks.... what we think --- not even sure if he cares what Lurie thinks ---- cause this is All on him.
        Yup. Just win baby! When you win everybody loves you. At least a Chip PC is entertaining. He actually answers the question. Belechek's are condescending crap.

Comment

Yeah but what he answers could be true, false or just made up!

Comment

Yeah but what he answers could be true, false or just made up!
            At least he fakes it! We all know that the coach isn't really going to tell you anything. And at least Chip realizes that these guys have a job to do and he plays along. Belechek just treats you like you're a worthless POS. I'd love somebody to flatten his nose one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Boykin is being replaced by Sheppard who is 1 inch taller than him. What is he on a one year contract then? All 5'11" of Sheppard is going to be the "big people beat up little people" answer?
              2 inches, and probably close to 20 pounds. Shepherd might be faster too -- I remember Boykin's straight-line speed being marginal (though he was very quick). Boykin may not be all that well suited to press (which is probably the main thing that Kelly/Davis wants to do) but I'm sure Boykin could play outside in some schemes. I hope it turns out well in Pittsburgh.

I think if there was room on the roster for him plus the draft picks, it would be different, and if it wasn't Boykin's contract year it would be different too. But Kelly was probably looking at losing one of the rookie CBs if he kept Boykin, and maybe he was comfortable enough with how at least one rookie looked to risk trading away Boykin. That may indicate that one of our draft picks would have been better spent on another position, but nothing can be done about that now. I guess we parlayed the situation to a bit better pick next year.

Still don't like the trade (sounds like Boykin still liked being here despite not playing on the outside), but we could still be OK. Just more risk now.

Comment

Shepherd played at KU. Believe me when I tell u... KU is one of the if not the worst major college football program there is. Can't judge the kid on what he did. Have to look at measuarables and what he could do unfortunately.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Supposedly we went from the worst secondary in the NFL to having a glut of cbs?????? Something doesn't compute here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Supposedly we went from the worst secondary in the NFL to having a glut of cbs?????? Something doesn't compute here.
                    We drafted three CBs, and signed Thurmond and Maxwell. Granted we did ditch two, and Thurmond may take a safety spot instead, but those rookies do fill up some roster spots if you want to keep them. It's an open question whether the new players are *good*, mind you, but if we still suck it will at least be a different cast.

Comment

phew...I know how you guys feel.

I felt the same way when Freddie Milons got released.

Practice every, OTA, Training camp - if only he had an opportunity.

The only way I'm going to measure Chip the personnel guy is what he does with Kendricks and Cox. This is their chance to break the bank, if he wants to let them walk, fine, but I want better reasons than measurables and their love of rap music

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
                        phew...I know how you guys feel.

I felt the same way when Freddie Milons got released.

Practice every, OTA, Training camp - if only he had an opportunity.

The only way I'm going to measure Chip the personnel guy is what he does with Kendricks and Cox. This is their chance to break the bank, if he wants to let them walk, fine, but I want better reasons than measurables and their love of rap music
                        Those two are just plain ballers!!

Comment

On the surface, I don't like it. I don't see how this possibly makes them better. I get it that Rowe needs to play, and I'm thinking they really like Sheppard. But, those are unknowns, and I would prefer they have to beat Boykin out to take his job. Heck, I would have liked to see Boykin get a shot to take Carroll's job on the outside.

But, this is Chip's deal. As noted, he's going to be judged by what happens on the field. Boykin will get a shot outside on Pittsburgh, because they need the help, and don't have set rules on measurables for their players. So, we'll see. If Boykin plays great outside, and the Eagles struggle, Chip looks like an idiot. If Boykin gets exposed, and the Eagles replace him adequately, then he's vindicated.

We'll see. I just hope Chip knows what he's doing.

Comment

Kinda different year....... In previous years my HOPE was that my team was good.......... This year my HOPE is that my coach isn't just nuts!!!!!!!

Comment

Kinda different year....... In previous years my HOPE was that my team was good.......... This year my HOPE is that my coach isn't just nuts!!!!!!!

LOL!! He must have an awful lot of faith in those rookies. The thing that bothers me the most about this cb stuff is that all of a sudden Carroll is supposed to be a player. I don't buy that. He's not starter material.

Comment

I think that Chip just thinks that he is one hell of a coach, and that what he really wants is blank canvases to work with. He has certain physical measurable that he looks for, but beyond that, he looks at players as chess pieces that he can simply maneuver and uses as he sees fit. Buck against his plans and you are likely to be history....SOON. It's not a touchy-feely operation.....ad I am OK with that.

BUT----I just hope that Chips dependence on physical attributes does not too strongly discount player instincts, football intelligence and those intangibles that sometimes make average players special.
                                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                                X