What was good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was good

The birds were off their feed the first half but came back to power through the second half. Better execution--yes. Better play calls -- yes. But I would love to know what Doug said during the half. He has the players ears I believe.
    The OL continues to get rave reviews. Are they great? I'm still not sure but there are a lot of professional football people who say so and I continue to believe they are good-- probably very good
    Turnovers; oh yeah the birds don't seem to turn the ball over and they tend to create turnovers. Definitely a prime ingredient in the recipe.
    DBs have stepped up this year like know one expected.
    Probably no need to go into how much Carson Wentz is doing
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I think the oline is great when run blocking. Those stunts they highlighted last night were awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      The birds were off their feed the first half but came back to power through the second half. Better execution--yes. Better play calls -- yes. But I would love to know what Doug said during the half. He has the players ears I believe.
      The OL continues to get rave reviews. Are they great? I'm still not sure but there are a lot of professional football people who say so and I continue to believe they are good-- probably very good
      Turnovers; oh yeah the birds don't seem to turn the ball over and they tend to create turnovers. Definitely a prime ingredient in the recipe.
      DBs have stepped up this year like know one expected.
      Probably no need to go into how much Carson Wentz is doing
      Chris Collinsworth pointed out the O line endlessly last night. For the life of me I can't see why everybody dislikes him. He was about 80% Eagles last night. We've got some oversensitive people around here I guess. Stoutland had these guys trapping all over the place and it worked perfectly. Even Big V had a big pull and block on Ajayi's run. It's hard playing defensive line when they are coming from you from so many different directions.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        Chris Collinsworth pointed out the O line endlessly last night. For the life of me I can't see why everybody dislikes him. He was about 80% Eagles last night. We've got some oversensitive people around here I guess. Stoutland had these guys trapping all over the place and it worked perfectly. Even Big V had a big pull and block on Ajayi's run. It's hard playing defensive line when they are coming from you from so many different directions.
        Agree. Some around here have said that we didn't address the "lack of depth" on the oline but in the last 2 years we have brought in Brooks, Wiz, and Warmack as Free Agents and drafted Big V and Seumalo. That's 5 players that have all been solid.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

He did point out what a great job the line was doing. But what he failed to mentioned until about 3 minutes left in the game was how the O line was missing its starting LT and how the team kept going. I am sensitive to the fact because I hate the media's lovefest with those overrated punks in Dallas!

Comment

they could have done a better job of offsetting the Elliot suspension and Tyron Smith and Sean Lee being out with some facts about us losing Sproles, Peters, and Hicks. Same positions, but we keep on rolling.

but they did do an OK job last night

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
              Agree. Some around here have said that we didn't address the "lack of depth" on the oline but in the last 2 years we have brought in Brooks, Wiz, and Warmack as Free Agents and drafted Big V and Seumalo. That's 5 players that have all been solid.
              Hey, I have, for my position on that, eaten 2 plates of Crow about that one already!!!

But I still worry that we are still one injury away from bad things.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                they could have done a better job of offsetting the Elliot suspension and Tyron Smith and Sean Lee being out with some facts about us losing Sproles, Peters, and Hicks. Same positions, but we keep on rolling.

but they did do an OK job last night
                I mentioned that early on in the game day thread--- that was very very disappointing, having a national audience and not telling the WHOLE story!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                  He did point out what a great job the line was doing. But what he failed to mentioned until about 3 minutes left in the game was how the O line was missing its starting LT and how the team kept going. I am sensitive to the fact because I hate the media's lovefest with those overrated punks in Dallas!
                  Rob, he mentioned Peters at least 3 times last night. They also mentioned Peters before the game. In fact I was thinking Peters, Peters, Peters.....what about Sproles....and Hicks! I think that you guys should put Merrill Reese on during the games so you don't get all out of joint,
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Rob, he mentioned Peters at least 3 times last night. They also mentioned Peters before the game. In fact I was thinking Peters, Peters, Peters.....what about Sproles....and Hicks! I think that you guys should put Merrill Reese on during the games so you don't get all out of joint,
                    LOL Maybe so Pop!

Comment

The way I heard it last night was that if the Cowturds had Tyron Smith no one could touch the cowboys and all their troubles would be washed away. The Eagles sure were lucky that he wasn't playing last night.
                      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                        The way I heard it last night was that if the Cowturds had Tyron Smith no one could touch the cowboys and all their troubles would be washed away. The Eagles sure were lucky that he wasn't playing last night.
                        As opposed to the Eagles not having Peters- gimme a break

Part of being a good team is being able to manage the cap with your backups. Dallas has no depth.

Comment

Working...
                        X