Eagles Sign Hackenberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
    The roll that Howie’s been on has been unprecedented but this one is a head scratcher.
    Here's a longshot (and it is long). Maybe the Eagles are so confident that Wentz will be ready the they might consider moving Nick or Suds?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Maybe they want to get the DBs some work catching passes.

Comment

They might move Nick------- Only after a team's starter goes down and the fleece can begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
          Maybe they want to get the DBs some work catching passes.
          This seems the most plausible

Comment

BLG- todays practice notes LOL!

• Christian Hackenberg practiced for the first time since signing with the Eagles on Sunday. And boy was he terrible! Hack’s first throw was picked off down the field by Rasul Douglas. Hack’s second attempt was intended for Darren Sproles in the flat. Kamu Grugier-Hill jumped the route, though, for a pick six. Hackenberg only threw six passes and two of them were interceptions. He could’ve had a deep touchdown if he didn’t overthrow a wide open Josh Perkins. Hack’s best throw was down the field to Matt Jones, who couldn’t track the ball. A predictably rough start for the new Eagles quarterback.

Comment

Just my opinion but I don't see him here long. I think the birds still plan to move a QB and saw the opportunity to get a close up look at a former high pick. They will see he has no potential and will pick up another Sudfield from some team that cuts the wrong guy during camp. If they can't peddle Nick or Suds they will carry both just to make sure they have their guy during the season. Carrying three on the 53 is tough though.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

I don't know how tough it is ND. Every team used to have 3 with one being designated the emergency QB on gameday and he didn't count against the number of players that could dress on gameday. Then some of the coaches started designating a non QB player as the emergency QB to kind of beat the rules somehow because that rule is about as clear as mud to me. and a lot of teams started following suit. It became so common that about 5 years ago Belichick started only carrying 2 on his roster because Brady was so darned durable that they didn't need another QB. Other teams started to follow. That's a long winded explanation as to why I think that at least half of the NFL teams still carry 3 QBs.

Comment

Working...
                X