Auction Drafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction Drafts

Curios to see how many FF players are turning to or have tried an auction formatt vs. a draft formatt and how they like it.

I am in a league where we have 3 keepers per year. A player cannot be kept for more than 3 years in a row, after that he goes back into "the bin" where everyone gets a shot at him.

We start with $100 and can have a total of 6 players (or less) when the auction ends. You need to give a player that you keep a 20% salary increase each year you keep them (rounded up). So if I kept 2 players with a total salary of $37 (with the increase) you go into the auction with $63 and can buy up to 4 more players. If you end the auction phase with less than 6 players, you fill up your roster at the end of the draft phase.

We trade $$, draft picks, players. Its alot of fun. We fill out our roster with a serpentine draft until all teams have 16 players. Since we trade $$ you can go into the auction with more or less than the $100. You cannot transfer unused money from year to year. If you have $ left over after the auction you lose it.

I've never been a big fan of the auction draft. I prefer to pretend I'm the George Steinbrenner of the FF world. As long as the player is available, I can afford him.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

No doubt.

Mmmmmm, purple.
      I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X