Let's start the FF talk! Keeper: Hasselbeck or Dillon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's start the FF talk! Keeper: Hasselbeck or Dillon

Initially I was Hasselhoff all the way but then I got to thinking that maybe Dillon would have a stellar year in NE. Any you beantown folks got the skinny of Dillon?
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

I'd think Hasselback would be the safe choice. But does Dillon automatically get all the goal line carries? For that matter, does he get 25 carries a game?
    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

When do you have to decide by?
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

8/1 i think

Comment

1. it depends on how many keepers you can have, what positions are you strongest at, how necessary is it to have a solid RB combo vs. solid QB. Your scoring system determines most of it. In many leagues, the QB is not as valuable as a solid Rb. In part because there are more than enough good QB's and most leagues start 1 QB vs. 2 RB's.

2. When A. Smith ran for them he did well (except the last year) and he is not nearly the back Dillon is. Also, Dillon should have a solid rest after last year AND will have something to prove. They ran smith alot, especially in the snowy months which happens to be the play off push and then play offs in most leagues.

3. I would take Dillon in most of my leagues since his upside is so huge. I believe he would be the goal line back, he would get most of the carries, all of the other backs are scat backs and fullbacks (I am not entirely positive of this, going off of memory). The Pats D is good so there should not be any games the Pats get blown out of, which leaves Dillon in as the main running attack all year long.

4. I think alot of Hass, but he is in a tier with other QB's that can produce just as well. The passing game in New England is not as potent as the one in Seattle (another plus for Dillon). Hass has 1 good year under his belt, Dillon has proven himself over the long haul on a poor team. I think Dillon is a solid RB on a team more than willing to run, but with a good enough passing attack to keep D's honest. The only way I would take Hass is if you are in a Keeper league where QB's are just as important as RB.

Comment

Great points, guest. My league is very RB intensive. Most of the decent backs go in the first couple of rounds. Taking Dillon off the table will piss them off.

Comment

Yeah, I would lean towards Dillon, since you don't have to chose for another month you should at least get to see some of what they do in the start of training camp and that will help alot in chosing.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I'm still debating this in my head. Anyone else have any comments?

Comment

If Dillon can fit in at NE I still think he will be more valuable. A 2nd tier RB is as good or better (definitely more consistent) then all but the top 3 or 4 fantasy QBs ( Manning, Culpepper, Vick, McNabb).

But if you here any negative things about Dillon coming out of NE once camp starts I say go with Hassleback.

Comment

Did everyone forget how much Dillon sucks?

Comment

Working...
                    X