• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkston misses Tuesday practice

Pinkston Held Out Of Tuesday's Practice
    July 25, 2006
    By CHRIS McPHERSON

Wide receiver Todd Pinkston was held out of Tuesday's full-team, full-pads workout for precautionary reasons after he experienced some inflammation in his left Achilles tendon. It is not the one he ruptured in last year's training camp.

"We're being cautious with Todd," said Reid. "His feet have been bothering him. We just backed off a little bit to make sure we're smart with it. (He won't return) until he gets his feet in condition."

Reid said the Eagles are being cautious after seeing the problems Oakland wide receiver Ronald Curry endured while trying to return from an Achilles injury. Curry has landed on the injured reserve list the past two seasons because of Achilles problems.

Jabar Gaffney took Pinkston's spot in the starting lineup in Tuesday morning's practice.

"He's got to get used to our tempo and our pace," Reid said of Gaffney. "Those receivers run a lot of miles out there. He'll get used to that."

The other three players not participating in Tuesday's practice were receivers Jason Avant (knee), Jeremy Bloom (hamstring) and fullback Thomas Tapeh (hamstring). Reid said that Pinkston and Tapeh are the players most likely to return to the field first.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

lelie....
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by reesecal
      lelie....
      They almost have to at this point, don't they? Three WRs already sitting? Yikes.

Comment

Damn it!

I won't jump to conclusions yet, but it is disheartning!

Comment

did many of us actually expect much for production from pinkston this season?

i know what he's done in the past and we didn't have anyone stretching the field last season; but i'm kind of intrigued as to what touchdownbrown and jabar the gaff can do.
          Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Damn, I was really hoping he was healed up.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Hey before anybody jumps off any bridges let's just see where this goes. According to Reid it's mostly precaution based on some problems a Raider had when he pushed too hard coming back from this.

I ain't giving up hope yet,,, but I might be inclined to rethink my stance on Lelie.

Comment

I might want to change my position on Lelie as well. My beef was that he is not different enough from Piny to warrant going after him, but if Pinkytoe is gimped up, might want to seriously consider it.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Lelie IS Pinkston.

God, there has to better opitions!
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                    Damn, I was really hoping he was healed up.
                    Well actually, they mention that this is not the knee that he hurt last year. So hopefully this isn't a serious thing.
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Maybe Mary Kate is just having "cramps" again?
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                        Maybe Mary Kate is just having "cramps" again?
                        I think you mean Johnny Cakes.

Comment

Working...
                        X