Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linebacker competition will be interesting to watch

Mike Kaye NJ news

Zach Brown received playing time with the first-team defense during the first week of practice. However, he wasn’t a member of the two-man nickel group, despite the absence of Nigel Bradham. While Brown came to town with a notable reputation, he has taken a while to stand out.

Perhaps Brown is still learning the playbook and the Eagles are easing him into a pivotal role. From the outside perspective, he seems to be far behind Kamu Grugier-Hill in the competition to be a full-time starter opposite Bradham.

I also read where Alex Singleton lit a couple of guys up the other day.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

There is a guy named Jimmy Kempski, or something like that, who writes for Philly Voice. He has said for quite awhile that he thinks Hill will beat out Zach Brown for a starting spot
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      There is a guy named Jimmy Kempski, or something like that, who writes for Philly Voice. He has said for quite awhile that he thinks Hill will beat out Zach Brown for a starting spot
      Brown could end up being a disappointment, but Hill played pretty good last year. I think that his strength is he's really quick, nobody mentioned if they moved him inside or not.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

These articles put Hill as a starter on the inside. I'll see if I can find one I read.
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

"On Grugier-Hill's aforementioned interception, he stretched his body while on the run to pluck a Wentz bullet out of the air, showing good hands, before heading the other way on the return. With Wentz trying to chase him down, Grugier-Hill was about to hit Wentz with a stiff arm before thinking better of contacting the franchise QB.

I've stated this on several occasions already, but I think Grugier is going to start at linebacker, and by that I mean, he'll be a "top 2" linebacker who plays on all three downs (though not necessarily 100 percent of the snaps) alongside Nigel Bradham. I believe he has a commanding lead for that job over free agent acquisition Zach Brown."

That is one of the quotes I saw. Still a long way to go before the season but it sounds like Hill is in a position to make some noise. Whichever way it goes I think the birds LB corps will be okay but nothing great. They make their money on the line and the back seven are just expected to hold up and do their job
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X