• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds to move WAY up?

From PFT:
    Eagles looking to move way up?
    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 12:41 PM ET
    Last week we passed along a report from Peter King of SI.com that the Philadelphia Eagles could be looking to move up as high as the 12th overall pick to draft a safety. But a new report says the Eagles could be moving up even higher than that.
    Derrin Horton of NFL Network, who's stationed at the Eagles' headquarters this week, reported that there have been discussions of the Eagles moving up as high as the fifth overall pick, which is owned by the Kansas City Chiefs, or 10th overall, with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
    Horton confirmed King's report that the Eagles covet safeties Eric Berry of Tennessee and Earl Thomas of Texas, But he also said that if the Eagles move way up, they'd do so to go after a defensive end, either Georgia Tech's Derrick Morgan or South Florida's Jason Pierre-Paul.
    On draft day, there are a lot more reports of trades than there are actual trades, so it's entirely possible that the Eagles will stay put. But there's plenty of buzz that they want to move up.

The Chiefs want to move down so this makes sense.

Comment

Would you give the #24 and #37 to get to #5 and take Berry?
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
        I'd rather package others and keep 37. #24 & #37 shouldn't get you to #5 though even with a discounted trade value chart.

Comment

I think they'd have to give up way too much to move up that far and they have way too many needs.
          Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I'd rather give up 24 and 55 and whatever else has to be thrown in to get to 10 or 12 and grab Thomas.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I feel like Eric Berry will be a pro bowler for years and Earl Thomas will simply be a nice starter.

Maybe I'm nuts.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I feel like Eric Berry will be a pro bowler for years and Earl Thomas will simply be a nice starter.

Maybe I'm nuts.
                Nah!

Comment

Maybe I'm nuts.
                  They said that about Roy Williams and Laron Landry, too.

I don't know. To me, they are a tossup. But I'm not a talent evaluator. If the Eagles feel Berry is superior, then I agree, it's worth paying the price to get a potential perennial All-Pro player.
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I just hate the idea of spending too much to get to #5 for Berry. Prefer Thomas who is more versatile (can play FS or Corner) and won't cost as much as Berry in additional picks.

Do not want to use that #37 in combination with the #24.

Comment

plus I think you could trade a 2nd (or 3rd round pick) for an up & coming young vet safety in the league and keep #24 for other needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                        I'd rather give up 24 and 55 and whatever else has to be thrown in to get to 10 or 12 and grab Thomas.
                        This.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Keep the picks Andy ! I want to see the Eagles get 5 potential starters out of their first 5 picks (all in top 80).

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                            This.
                            I'm home all day today and flipping around the sports talk shows like an idiot ( I said 'like'). There's much talk of Thomas being an increasingly hot commodity on a lot teams boards. Also much speculation about the Birds making 'big moves' to snag either Berry/ Thomas or a prime DE.

Of course, none of these guys really KNOW much of anything.

As much as we need a rush DE to complement Cole, the ghost of McDougle keeps haunting me. If the Birds do push a pile of chips in the pot to move up, I hope it's for Berry or Thomas and not Morgan.

And Pierre-Paul really turns me off.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                              the ghost of mcdougle keeps haunting me..
                              this !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X