Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR Prospect Reagor Reportedly Runs Unofficial 4.22 40-Yd Dash

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-draft-pro-day

So, if one were to average the three results from each time result, he would be at a 4.3 dash time FWIW. If anything, this might send some teams back to the film room to check out how his speed translates during game play. It's possible one could be fast but not good (*cough*- Heyward-Bey, *cough*!)

TCU wide receiver Jalen Reagor already went through the NFL Scouting Combine and has three years of college ball under his belt. One NFL team still wanted another look.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, a franchise asked Reagor to record himself at a pro day and send the team his footage. With the majority of individual workouts canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic, Reagor and his camera crew found a way to make it work.

After weighing in at 197.6 pounds—down from 206 pounds at the combine—Reagor had a few coaches run him through drills.
    Miller McCalmon, a former assistant pro scouting director for the Detroit Lions and Houston Texans, clocked the wideout's 40-yard dash at 4.28 seconds, while private trainer Danny Arnold's stopwatch read 4.22 seconds.

Reagor ran a 4.47-second 40-yard dash in Indianapolis. His pro-day attempt would've ranked as the fastest time at the combine, beating Henry Ruggs III's mark of 4.27 seconds.

In the short shuttle, McCalmon recorded Reagor at 3.97 seconds, while Arnold's clock read 4.04 seconds. At the combine, Reagor ran the drill in 4.46 seconds.

In his latest mock draft, Bleacher Report's Matt Miller has the wideout going to the Seattle Seahawks at No. 64 overall—the last pick in the second round—and it's tough to say if this experiment will help that.
    Last edited by ThoughtProcess; 04-11-2020, 07:56 AM.

Apropos of nothing, I remember seeing a bumper sticker or T-shirt that said, paraphrasing:

You can get a combo of two from the three choices - cheap, fast, and good.
    You want cheap and fast? Ain't gonna be good. You want cheap and good? Ain't getting it fast. Fast and good? Won't be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
      Apropos of nothing, I remember seeing a bumper sticker or T-shirt that said, paraphrasing:

You can get a combo of two from the three choices - cheap, fast, and good.
      You want cheap and fast? Ain't gonna be good. You want cheap and good? Ain't getting it fast. Fast and good? Won't be cheap.
      I call it dumb speed.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Gonna be faster if lose 10lbs, but what’s Reagor’s playing weight?

More and more I am of the view that if one of the Big 3 WRs drops to 15-16 range and you can move up with just the comp 3rd, great. If not, go defense. Murray or Queen maybe. Would love Simmons, but would cost a bunch.
        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

That would cause me to relook at game tape but I wouldn't change anything based on a workout I didn't see. Of course I would never base much on a workout as much as tape and interview.
          And your two of three reference is accurate
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Wasn't there a kid from Washington University (Brown?) that everybody was gushing over who ran a 4.22 and strained a muscle doing it at the combine? He's done nothing in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Wasn't there a kid from Washington University (Brown?) that everybody was gushing over who ran a 4.22 and strained a muscle doing it at the combine? He's done nothing in the pros.
              John Ross or John Brown I think. Super fast but quiet in the pros.

Comment

I'd rather have a 6'2, 4.5 guy who gets the job done every down of every game.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                  John Ross or John Brown I think. Super fast but quiet in the pros.
                  I think that you are right TP-Ross. I'm sure that we're talking about the same guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X