No announcement yet.

#5 Sez-- "this is a SB team"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else feel just a little queasy about that 10 zip?

Phantom PI calll, Balto self destruced a bit on penalties, out ganied, out red zoned, top was bad even at 10 zip. Hey, Just sayin!!!

Comment

Just remember: It's preseason. I understand the concern, but it's our 3rd preseason game in 11 or 12 days. I'd love to see us dominate the entire time, but do I really expect it? No.

My No.1 concern is health. We can lose the next 2 games 60-0 and accumulate a total of 150 yards in offense for all I care.

I think No.5 is ready to go. I think Westy will be 100%. I think this D is ready for some real games.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
        Anybody else feel just a little queasy about that 10 zip?

Phantom PI calll, Balto self destruced a bit on penalties, out ganied, out red zoned, top was bad even at 10 zip. Hey, Just sayin!!!
        I agree, that Eagles offense didn't look very dynamic to me, the 10-0 was misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC
          My No.1 concern is health. We can lose the next 2 games 60-0 and accumulate a total of 150 yards in offense for all I care.

With this I agree,,, and ALWAYS have!

Comment

Originally posted by SOT
            I agree, that Eagles offense didn't look very dynamic to me, the 10-0 was misleading.
            I've already stated in 2 or 3 other places that the above sentiment is the way I viewed it also.. below is a capsule of the first units performance... not sure there is that much to be happy with there.
            /////////////////

After scoring on their first two possessions, the Eagles went like this: five plays and a punt, two plays and a fumble, one play and a fumble, five plays and an interception, three plays and a punt, three plays and a punt. In those six drives, the offense managed 17 net yards.

////////////////////////

Yes Balto has a very good D. --- Same type of "good" D they will see come playoff time.

Yes, they were without Westy.

Even those first 2 drives were aided by some poor play on Balto's part.

Comment

Every preseason, they run a vanilla, ineffective O and every time we freak out.

MD, you just compared the preseason to what we can expect come playoffs????

Yes, the Ravens D ran a simplified D and our simplified O didn't tear it up. What did we learn? I'd say not much.

I'm not saying everything is fine. I'm just saying, it's hard to translate what yesterday means for the regular season.

Comment

NY, I only used the post season since this thread was about #5 saying he knows that the team is a SB team.

And I am not unhappy about last night, don't misunderstand. Just trying to be realistic about what we saw.

Many people here were using last night and the #1's performance as a stepping stone for well "they scored 10 points in the first 2 drives therefore all is well and they ARE a SB team."

IMO, those 10 points and that 10 zip lead --while being much better than being down 10 zip-- did not leave me in a state of euphoria about our #1's.

As vanilla as the O might be or not -- personal performance can be judged a bit. Did the WR's get ANY separation? Has nothing to do with the vanilla O, just one on one play.. same with the O line, did they create big holes on a regular basis?

How anybody can read that description of what the 1's did and not have a raised eyebrow (let alone look at the stats and to have watched the game) is hard for me to believe.

The post season was only in reference to the ones playing the ones--- beyond those first 2 drives.

Comment

Roger that, MD.

It was brought up in another thread - and it's an opinion I subscribe to - that this team might be tired. and not just physically, but from having to get amped for these fake games. I can't believe we've played 3 games and have 2 to go.

I think the next two games are going to be horrendous and will stir lots of doubt in the fanbase. So I think it's important that #5 is more confident in what we have than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_eagle
                    Every preseason, they run a vanilla, ineffective O and every time we freak out.

MD, you just compared the preseason to what we can expect come playoffs????

Yes, the Ravens D ran a simplified D and our simplified O didn't tear it up. What did we learn? I'd say not much.

I'm not saying everything is fine. I'm just saying, it's hard to translate what yesterday means for the regular season.
                    I'm totally with nyceagle on this

lots of people are going nutty by looking for things.

The WR's suck (even though we took what they gave us and scored 10 points)

The D struggled. Even though the Ravens have quite a nice cast on offense now. Better than the Cowboys, Giants and Skins IMHO

plus, it's freakin vanilla preseason

look on the bright side. The kicking situation looks great, the starting O has scored on almost every drive this PS and the starting D has yet to allow a TD. Most importantly...nobody crucial has gotten seriously hurt.

Comment

Disclaimer #5646-- I'm not gloomy, I'm not down on this team, I'm very optimistic, I am not pessimistic..........

But I'm not as euphoric as some here are based on what transpired last night.

And if anybody is basing the rest of the season on what we saw last night I'm only being contrary because what we saw last night is not something that we should be overjoyed about.(Regardless of all the pro and con arguments.)

I'm not asking people to jump off the bandwagon and I fully understand about Vanilla Offenses and defenses-- Hell, I almost invented that argument to run Waterbear down-- but what I'm talking about is the one on one matchups and play. The wr's one on one, the O-line one on one (run blocking) the way the Ravens moved down the field-- the TOP, the turnovers, the statistical differential--- none of it indicates that we should be lining up on broad street for the parade.

We shouldn't be concluding things from a game like last nights -- and that is what many people have been doing, IMO. I guess that's all I'm trying to say.

I'm not going "nutty", I'm not being negative, I could care less if they lose every single fake game, I'm merely being realistic (IMO) and reporting WHAT I saw last night.

If anybody has ever read the things that I have written for the last 7/8 years on these boards they know that I abhor these games, I think they are meaningless, and only act as a magnet for injuries. That said, I also can't just benignly agree that what we saw last night was more "positve" than what it really was.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Diehard
                        Originally posted by Pedro
                        "Hey, where'd all the white QB's go?"
                        Pedro,

Not sure where all the white QB's went Maybe they are now the ones being converted to WR out of college - ala Matt Jones.
                        The Black QB's are still dominating that area. Michael Robinson and Marques Hagans are doing well in their new positions. Even Vick was looked at else where.

But I did enjoy your humorous version.

I just loved some of the lines in that movie.
                        Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                          Many people here were using last night and the #1's performance as a stepping stone for well "they scored 10 points in the first 2 drives therefore all is well and they ARE a SB team."
                          MD,
                          You should learn from MD....blanket statements like this should not be used. NOBODY said, "Last night's performance ALONE gives them good reason to feel we are going to the Superbowl." Last nights performance WITHOUT West, with a rookie WR, with MAHE starting looked good for a vanilla offense. Then we all are looking at a whole summer of progress from key figures, including the most important two players........McNabb and Westy. And the O-line looks real good. But the last game was more encouraging than discouraging.

Please get off this It is making me \/
                          Pedro

Comment

Working...
                          X