And you wonder why coaches and players hate sportswriters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you wonder why coaches and players hate sportswriters

I hate Dallas as much as anybody but once again these LEECHES ask a guy this kind of question after they just lose a game. Unreal. I really wish somebody would just punch out one of these assholes.

Rod Marinelli denies he will step aside for assistant coach Kris Richard
    Jan
    1/13/2019 11:00:51 AM
    |More
    Rod Marinelli's defense got gashed Saturday night by the Los Angeles Rams.

The Cowboys' defensive coordinator willingly addressed the myriad failings of the unit that allowed two 100-yard rushers in the NFC divisional-round playoff loss.

But he did not appreciate a question about his intentions to return in the same role for Dallas next season, Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News reports. An NFL.com report earlier Saturday claimed Marinelli could step aside and take an advisory role while Kris Richard took over as coordinator. Richard, who calls the defensive plays and is the defensive backs coach, was a hot candidate for head coaching jobs, but has not ended up landing a position at this time. Marinelli has been a vocal supporter of Richard and their partnership leading the defense.

"Why do people keep asking me the same question?" a fiery Marinelli said, as a large group of media swarmed Richard nearby. "I can't figure it out. Can somebody tell me why everybody asks me that? I would tell you. My age? You gotta be kidding me. Do you ever see me come out and not be energized and not be ready to play? So why ask me that? I'm tired of answering that."

Told about NFL.com's speculation, Marinelli said:

"I've never heard of that. If you believe [the report] and not ask me? ...I answer everything every week. ...I never skirt an issue. For some guy to say, or doesn't know me, doesn't know the situation, haven't come and ask me. Isn't that embarrassing? To me it is. I've never ever shied away from a question. ...

"And even though you ask me 8,000 times are you going to retire? I feel a little old? I'm still going to respect it. But I'm disappointed in it. And I don't respect people who ask that. 'Cause I think they're soft. They're really soft. What kind of question is that, after a game?

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

In today's sports world, your only as good as your last game. It's rediculous.

I hope they run Marinelli off, He is the best coach they have IMO.

Comment

Working...
    X