Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dak or Carson-BGN

NFC East Outlook: The top player at every offensive position in 2020 - BGN
    QUARTERBACK - Dak Prescott (Cowboys). It’s just a take; it can’t hurt you. Looking back to 2019 before we gaze forward to 2020, the case that Prescott was the better quarterback is straightforward. Using key metrics from PFF’s QB Annual, the analytics show that Prescott was substantially better than Carson Wentz from a clean pocket, produced more positively graded plays, avoided negative plays, was on target more often, had a better adjusted completion percentage and was more efficient on third down. The areas where Wentz rated higher, like when under pressure and with big time throws, it’s much tighter. Thus Prescott graded higher as a passer (13th vs. 18th) and had added value as a quality runner. It’s not just PFF either. DVOA, QBR, QB Rating, ANY/A, and so on all favor Prescott. The all-mighty film also favors Prescott. He was the more consistent of the two, hitting the proverbial ceiling and avoiding the floor more than Wentz.

Babes On Broad #31: I’m Thinking 16-0 - BGN Radio
    Sam Wilson & Jessica Towne give their predictions of the Eagles 2020 regular season schedule! Powered by SB Nation & Bleeding Green Nation!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

DAK-Throwing to a loaded WR group.
    Carson-Throwing to a bunch of PS guys with no speed.

I still take Carson on an even playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post

I think that I would too but Dak is a much better QB than we give him credit for. That bastard is tough to get on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post

I'd lean this way too. But as E60 said, sacking Prescott sometimes looks like somebody trying to snatch a fart out of a tornado. Romo would get out of sacks like that too. Irritated the hell out of me...

Comment

Bullshit comparison. Dak was playing behind what is thought to be one of the best OL in football. Zek is an ass, but a top 5 back, we had less, Dall WR group is legit. We had 2 TE's and little else. Bottom line, you need a serviceable QB to make it all work (look at SF) put pieces around either and they will do well. I still think Jerry screws this up and they have another Counsins scenario. We can only hope

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
            I'd lean this way too. But as E60 said, sacking Prescott sometimes looks like somebody trying to snatch a fart out of a tornado. Romo would get out of sacks like that too. Irritated the hell out of me...

You're comments are all on target guys but some of our feelings about him simply appear to be not true. He's better than we give him credit for. It looks to me that maybe his salary demands are not out of whack and his contract should be as good as Carson's and given that franchise QBs seem to one up the guy that signed just before him I'd say that Gerry is going to have a real fight on his hands. These contracts get to a point where it isn't so much about money, it's about pride.

Comment

You're right 60. My one thought though is what will the revenue loss this year (if it is as bad as some say it will be) do to the steady rise in contracts. This might be the one year where everyone doesn't one up the guy before him
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

last season in the game for the division, Carson showed why I will take him every time over Dak. Players won't quit on Wentz and Dallas had everything to play for and put forth a turd of an effort. Fuck Dak Prescott !!!
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I could be wrong. But, Dak has had the benefit of playing with a very strong supporting cast, and I think he's very dependent on the players around him in order to succeed. I look at what Wentz did last season with all those guys out, and he just manned up and played his ass off. I don't know that Dak could do that. And, I see some guy saying how much better Dak is than Dalton by comparing their stats. I'm like, really? Do you honestly think that those stats would look the same if Dak played on the Bengals for the last 3 years, and Dalton was playing for the Cowboys? Dak is a good player. I'd say he's probably in the 6-10 range among starters in the NFL. But, I don't think he would be nearly as good without having all the pieces in place that he does. Some guys step up and make the guys around them better. I don't think Dak does that. My guess is that if he lost all the guys that Wentz did last year, or dealt with the offensive line issues that Wentz has over the past 3 seasons, he'd look more like a 4th round draft pick than a guy that deserves to be paid like Russel Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    last season in the game for the division, Carson showed why I will take him every time over Dak. Players won't quit on Wentz and Dallas had everything to play for and put forth a turd of an effort. Fuck Dak Prescott !!!
                    This is the big intangible! You could see the skill players quit on Dak, and he could not do anything about it.
                    Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

I'm curious as to where you would put Carson these days EB. Let's see, we have Maholms, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Russell, Ryan, Big Ben, Rivers, Carson and Dak as the top 10 I'd say. I suppose you make an argument for Cousins too and how about Jackson? I don't know what the hell to do I'm putting him in the 6-10 range too with Nick LOL! In my book both Carson and Dak are in the 6-10 range.
                      Last edited by Eagle60; 05-16-2020, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        I'm curious as to where you would put Carson these days EB. Let's see, we have Maholms, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Russell, Ryan, Big Ben, Rivers, Carson and Dak as the top 10 I'd say. I suppose you make an argument for Cousins too. I don't know what the hell to do I'm putting him in the 6-10 range too with Nick LOL! In my book both Carson and Dak are in the 6-10 range.
                        I agree with 6-10 range. I just don't think that Carson has had the supporting cast that Dak has. In his rookie season, the offensive line fell apart. The next season he played like the NFL MVP until he got hurt. Last year they had the cluster injuries at WR. It's been one thing or another. The Cowboys have had some offensive line issues, but when their line struggled, Dak generally played like dogpile.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                          I agree with 6-10 range. I just don't think that Carson has had the supporting cast that Dak has. In his rookie season, the offensive line fell apart. The next season he played like the NFL MVP until he got hurt. Last year they had the cluster injuries at WR. It's been one thing or another. The Cowboys have had some offensive line issues, but when their line struggled, Dak generally played like dogpile.
                          The damn injuries are taking their toll on Carson too. He's not as quick as he was his rookie year. I hope that friekin horse down in Dallas starts slowing down a little bit too. I'm hoping Dak is franchised this year because then Dallas will really be porked. They have to give him a 20% raise if they franchise him a second year. Cousins already called him and told him how he had the Skins by the balls LOL. Stay greedy Dak!!

Comment

Kyle Brandt on Carson

Kyle Brandt: Carson Wentz is a ‘top-five’ QB in the NFL - PE.com
                            “Going into this season, the 2020 season, he is in the top five guys that I would ever want on my team, leading my team. I’ve got [Patrick] Mahomes, Russ[ell Wilson], Lamar [Jackson, [Aaron] Rodgers, and Carson Wentz. Give me Carson Wentz before Deshaun [Watson], Dak [Prescott], [Kirk] Cousins, Matt Ryan, including a 41-year-old Drew Brees and a 43-year-old Tom Brady, that I’m not sure what I’m getting yet. Carson Wentz is fantastic. And with all that talent that the rose man sprinkled on him, if he can stay healthy — and I know it’s out of his control and mine — Carson Wentz is a top five guy in football. Do not forget it. I don’t think there’s much at stake. Just stay healthy, be you, and you’ll kill it.”

Comment

Working...
                            X