Rules of the board- help define them. and FAQ for new users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules of the board- help define them. and FAQ for new users

Here are some FAQs for people new to this software. I'll update them as questions come up.

- Userguide can be found here: http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide/#section4
    -Why do PMs stay in out "outbox"? They stay there until the recipient picks it up. It doesn't mean it hasn't been sent. But you can still edit it if the recipient hasn't picked it up yet.
    - How do I turn off avatars? Go to your user control panel and choose no for preference "Show Avatars in Topics"

__________________________________________________ _________________
    Ok, if you're reading this, it means you've been invited to be one of the first members of the Eagles board. And it also means you're a trusted Eagles fan. Help us make this a great board by defining what rules you want.

We'll come up with a defined list after a while.

Off the top of my head, here are some:

- no flaming
    - no personal attacks
    - no discussions on politics or religion
    - moderators will not edit posts. they will either delete or edit it to say "content removed". If it's feasible, whoever did the deleting will PM the person to tell them why.

Please add yours to this thread.

[/url]
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

- This isn't a "FREE COUNTRY" this is a message board that is owned and operator by a private individual who can do whatever the hell he wants when he wants to
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

This should be the board we all thought we were going to when we left PDC.

No name calling.
      No trolling.
      Lively debate is fine-- it's not a contest to see who can be the most "sarcastic".

Eagles Talk Only-((With a little community spirit thrown in))--there are a million other places to talk all that other crap and Vin will create a new for you if one doesn't already exist.

Comment

We need to define what qualifies as "baiting". That one's sticky.

Might want to outlaw cerain labels such as Negative Nitwit and Apologist while you'r at it.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

No more than 1 sticky at a time.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I hate having 10 stickies before I can see some new posts. But 1 is not enough. We'll limit it to 2-3.

Comment

Philaphans has become 500 stickies about Crowhuck's life before I can read the latest GMAN talking about GMAN thread.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I suggest that all of BPs posts be submitted to a screening process before final submission. Especially his predictions.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I don't mind his predictions at all-- but I think we need to limit his ability just to post a link..... i think he actually needs to be forced to write a post!

Comment

Ah...then I'll copy and paste the link contents...I have my ways.
                    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Oh man, I would love if the predictions made a comeback...great to see you here BP!

I think drawing the line at "talking about the content rather than the poster" as a general rule is decent...I know it is broad, but if people treat it right we can build in flexibility...basically you can rip a person's argument to absolute shreds, but not the person...that usually covers personal attacks, baiting, name calling, labeling etc.

The good thing is we know each other pretty well...integrating new posters who do not know us, who we do not know and who may come with different expectations of the board is where it gets tricky IMO...generally, as many of you know , I have trouble with the ranters and the venters as I call them i.e. posters who use the board as a place to release their frustrations/emotions and are not interested generally in football discussions...those posters tend to be knee jerk types who not only leap to conclusions quickly, but are susceptible to jumping down other poster's throats quickly...

IMO everyone should be welcome, but we do need to understand people use these boards for different reasons and many do not understand why rules or structure is needed...if we have some way of reinforcing that this place values discussion over venting, that would be great for me....if no one else believes in that then thats fine...I will learn to deal with those types better.
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I think what you are asking for VFK is what we ALL want.

Comment

Gary, long winded but nice post... yuk yuk.... My hope and I hope the others agree....... is to make sure before we let any ANY unknown quantities in... they understand the intent and direction of this "Private" board.

IMO, no "extremes" will be allowed to hold court, just isn't what people will come here for-- they will have PDC and Philaphans for that...... hell even the Gridiron board right hereon SC, but that doesn't mean that they have any "rights" here.

JIMHO!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys..
                            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I say every poster should be allowed 2 rants/vents a season.

The rants only bother me when it's the same person posting 3-5 rant threads after every game.
                              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                              X