Any word on Bucky's physical staus,?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on Bucky's physical staus,?

Not that I'm counting on him to make ANY contribution, but does anyone have information on the current status of of Bucky's knee.? I see some have listed him at #3 on the RB depth chart behind Westbrook and Moats. It strikes me as excessively optimistic that he will be healthy enough to make it through camp.

Also, I've seen frequent speculation on Tapeh being either the starting FB or the short yardage RB. Is there any good info on his physical status? Frankly, I never expected him to return to the team after that grotesque hip dislocation.

Any current dope will be apprecited!

He has not participated in any of the camps so far and supposedly will not until TC...they are going to try and keep him as healthy as possible this year, but all of his injuries have been non-contact as far as I know so he could trip in his kitchen and be out just as easily...

This is one of my biggest hopes this season...I was so psyched when he was so explosive in 2003...remember that MNF game in Miami when he leapt for the TD? Sick...if he can play with Westy and Moats with Tapeh blocking and our bigger OL performing, this offense will be SCARY...

Everything I have read about Tapeh so far is he is healthy and rolling...there is 1-2 pictures of him on the official site from the camps..
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Thanks VFK for the update.

Bucky did look like he was going to be special with his size and burst, but after three "knees" he's got to be an EXTREMELY long shot.

Great news of Tapeh! I just hope we can take a least one HORSE into...even through...the season. It's been MUCH TOO LONG since the opposition had to pay anything more than minimal attention to our inside running game.

Comment

Actually one of Buck'ys injuries was a contact injury, if I remember right,, it was a knee on knee bump or a knee on helmut bump-- but that was the one where they thought is was going to get better and never did-- thought it was just a bruise but it turned out to be a dislocated cap.

Wonder what the prognosis is for guys coming back with bad knees and playing for any length of time. Westy had two bad ones in college, but ... nothing serious knee wise since the pro's, No?

Comment

You're right MD...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I don't think we can expect anything from Buckhalter. I'd like to be wrong, but he's had so many injuries that it just isn't reasonable to think he'll produce.

Comment

In bucky's case it's all hope-- not expectation. Has to be. Anything they get is a bonus.

Only fear of course is that he looks great in TC and Fake games--- and they hold a spot for him and cut someone else or don't bring oin that someone else and BOOM.....

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN

Only fear of course is that he looks great in TC and Fake games--- and they hold a spot for him and cut someone else or don't bring oin that someone else and BOOM.....
                Yep. In Bucky's case it's probably a loud POP and there goes the season. Which knee is he scheduled to blow out this year?

Comment

Three surgeries on two knees. How could anyone expect anything out of him.

Bucky will just be used by the haters to blame the lack of running game on AR depending on an injured player. Just like Simmy, Pinky, Hollis and Mahe, he will be the whipping boy for our injury list.
                  Pedro

Comment

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm secretly holding out hope that Bucky is healthy this year. I know, I know. I CAN'T HELP IT!!! I can't believe I got suckered in yet again...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                      Bucky will just be used by the haters to blame the lack of running game on AR depending on an injured player. Just like Simmy, Pinky, Hollis and Mahe, he will be the whipping boy for our injury list.
                      Wha?? I don't see that happening at all. People have blamed the lack of a running game on the philosophy of Reid, not on any injuries. And, when you call 70% pass plays, it's hard to argue that point. I also fail to see where Simmy or Mahe have been whipping boys for the injury list. They're whipping boys because they are obviously just not good football players to be in the position they're in. Although I will say that Mahe did at least show some value last season as a punt returner.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
                        Okay, I'll admit it. I'm secretly holding out hope that Bucky is healthy this year. I know, I know. I CAN'T HELP IT!!! I can't believe I got suckered in yet again...
                        Hey, you aren't alone. I hold out hope also--- it's just that this year I know it's only hope.

IMO, he is still the best option we have as the "bigger back",,, unless Tapeh really comes on. And rankly as stupid as this sounds.... IMO Bucky has a better chance of staying healthy than Bruce Perry does. (and I respect, a lot, Perry the football player, just not Perry the patient)

Comment

I made a prediction last offseason, based on a dream, that Bucky was going to have a great season, and stay healthy. A few weeks later he blows out his knee again.

I ain't sayin' sh#$@!!!!!!
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I pretend Buckhalter is retired.
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I'm hoping that the Eagles sign Lee Suggs (assuming he's cut today as is expected). Buckhalter as been a good player when he's healthy but he's on the trainer's table far more than he's on the field! If Suggs or maybe even Marcel Shipp is available I'd look at them as insurance for when (not if) Bucky goes down this season. He's just too unreliable to look too for more than half a season.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X