Wiz is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiz is back

Another quality move brought to you by one Howard Roseman. We have a very deep roster right now.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Good Move, insurance if Brooks isn't ready yet & if Kelce gets hurt at Center. Fills both need spots. SWEEET!
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Yes it is. The reasons that they got rid of him are still there though. I wonder what the heck they were? Puzzling.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Great move. I get the feeling a lot of these guys want to take a little less to win now??
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Yea, I have to agree with the good move sentiment. Wiz isn't the future but he fills a necessary role. TC cuts will be interesting.
          I'm not sure the starting 22 are the best Philly has ever had although I think that case can be made. But 1 to 53 it very well could be the best because they really have depth in experienced payers
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Yes it is. The reasons that they got rid of him are still there though. I wonder what the heck they were? Puzzling.
            They didn't get rid of him, they choose not to pick up his 3.7 million option. Howie wins again as he brings him back at less than half of that amount. Wiz gets 1 year 1.5 million. So basically Howie used the savings to bring in Sendjo who upgrades the safety position.
            Last edited by taz; 05-13-2019, 04:33 PM.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              They didn't get rid of him, they choose not to pick up his 3.7 million option. Howie wins again as he brings him back at less than half of that amount. Wiz gets 1 year 1.5 million. So basically Howie used the savings to bring in Sendjo who upgrades the safety position.
              Howie definitely read the market for Wiz well. I was surprised that he didn't get better offers than that.

I don't think Sendejo will be on the roster all season, when you can basically trade him for a 4th round pick. Howie misread the lower free agent market there, in that I think he expected a couple more Eagles to sign elsewhere.

Comment

I agree on Sendejo. I think there is still a glut of veteran safeties to be had and we will most likely gain a comp pick if he doesn't make the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  Wis got a $708,334 signing bonus but that is all that I found. Whatever his salary is I can't imagine it would be much higher than the vet minimum but who knows? Whatever it is I'm pretty sure that he won't be happy about it. Then again he wasn't ever very happy around here anyway. I really don't blame him because who the heck wants to sit on the bench, especially when you think that you're better than the guy ahead of you? I agree with him but I guess that the Eagles wanted to go with the younger Simmy. Heck, they even started that stiff Warmack over him. Even the Jags didn't want him after one year and he was a starter there and that's how we got him in the first place. He interviews well so I wonder what's up there?
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                  X