Clear All

• Here you go 60

A blast from the past

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/2...e-bemidji-1962
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Things sure have changed huh ND? I've heard that Van Brocklin was a real asshole. I know that he was a pretty lousy coach (great QB though). He certainly had command of the huddle anyway! I remember Bobby Mitchell (Ahmad Rashad) telling stories about the guys sneaking out for beers at camp. Hell in college when I was at UMASS the Patriots used to practice with us but not against us for preseason and shared our locker room. They were pretty intimidating to tell you the truth. No trouble though. They'd be sneaking out of meetings to smoke a butt all the time. One of them got sent off to another team because he ripped up a bar one night.

I remember when I was in high school there was a story in SI about the Cardinals and they only practiced in shorts during the week and we were shocked and also figured that's why they sucked lol.

When I lived in Ambler outside of Philly a pitcher by the name of Bobby Schantz lived right down the street from us in a little ranch house and played catch with a few of us one day. Times were sure different back then.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
    X