Woo-hoo! This is precious - Eli news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo-hoo! This is precious - Eli news!

The Giants are married to Eli for the remainder of the decade and then some! Look at these $ figures!

Just like the theory of evolution, I'm looking for the missing link.
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

sorry - something must have been cut off

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printedit ... orts-print

Giants exercised an option in Eli Manning's contract, extending it five years through 2012.

Eli hit a number of incentives that would have voided his deal after 2007. Eli gets a $5 million "buy-back" bonus, a $3 million roster bonus, and a $6.45 million base salary in 2007, making him one of the highest paid quarterbacks in football. His future base salaries are also raised, so there will be more pressure than ever on Manning to show improvement.

Comment

talk about doubling down. this is a huge, risky move.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

How much will a torn ACL cost????????????? LMRAO!!!!!!!

Comment

This is excellent.

It's like doubling down on a 7 when the dealer is showing 10.

Comment

Your title confused me. I thought "precious" and "eli" was the same thing???
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"My Preccioussss..."

-Gollum
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Update from rotoworld curbs it back a bit although the compensation is still huge in the next couple of years:

A Newsday report regarding Eli Manning's contract "extension" Monday morning was incorrect. The Giants exercised an option that keeps him on the team through 2009.

The Giants say they simply exercised a "buyback" option that was expected the whole time. Manning did receive a $5 million bonus, and his base salaries for the next three seasons have been raised to $6 million (2007), $8 million (200 and $8.5 million (2009).

Comment

Last season I became convinced that it wasn't going to happen for Eli. Just like Rex Grossman, he's just a bad quarterback. He was terrible last year, (especially against the Eagles,) but Plaxico bailed him out of so much shit (especially against the Eagles,) and Eli would get the credit for it. Now Eli's not as bad as Grossman, who will always be a quarterback that holds his team back. But Eli's fatally flawed. His upside was originally thought to be Peyton Manning. Now I say his peak is something like Kerry Collins in his prime - decent, but clearly not quite good enough. And that's the best case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
                      Last season I became convinced that it wasn't going to happen for Eli. Just like Rex Grossman, he's just a bad quarterback. He was terrible last year, (especially against the Eagles,) but Plaxico bailed him out of so much shit (especially against the Eagles,) and Eli would get the credit for it. Now Eli's not as bad as Grossman, who will always be a quarterback that holds his team back. But Eli's fatally flawed. His upside was originally thought to be Peyton Manning. Now I say his peak is something like Kerry Collins in his prime - decent, but clearly not quite good enough. And that's the best case scenario.
                      I hate eli as much as anyone else, but I have to say he's a little better than Collins now. Eli has put up good yards now two years in a row. His issue is really poor decisions and he may also be a crappy leader for that money and position.

I am pleased that the giants will have to pay him that much over the next few years but frankly they had no choice. He is their franchise qb, they have no other qb in the wings and factoring in the cost to trade up to that pick they can't let him walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf
                        Originally posted by IMK
                        I hate eli as much as anyone else, but I have to say he's a little better than Collins now. Eli has put up good yards now two years in a row. His issue is really poor decisions and he may also be a crappy leader for that money and position.

I am pleased that the giants will have to pay him that much over the next few years but frankly they had no choice. He is their franchise qb, they have no other qb in the wings and factoring in the cost to trade up to that pick they can't let him walk.
                        But those poor decisions are the difference maker. Sure he puts up at least average yards and touchdowns. But he kills the team with his mistakes. And it could be worse. Watch the highlights of the playoff win, when Eli completes a pass to Plax when it was like 3rd-and-20. It was a terrible move and a terrible decision, but by dumb luck his closed-eyes-falling-backwards throw went right to the spot it needed to for Plax to make a great sliding catch. 9 tries out of 10 that throw is incomplete, and 5 times out of 10 it's intercepted. Instead, the announcers start raving about how Eli's rallying his team in the 4th quarter. Trust me, Eli will always be bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X